Focus Dynamic 1/2 DE Single Edge Razor!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Shave Monkey, Aug 2, 2017.

1. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

My razor shipped. imgur_reaction.gif

Keithmax likes this.
  2. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Rocnel also makes a razor that takes a half DE blade.

BambulanceMan likes this.
  3. BambulanceMan

BambulanceMan Well-Known Member

I want their gem so so bad....

Sent from my LGUS997 using Tapatalk

Keithmax likes this.
  4. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Now that is very interesting. Looking forward to a review.

I have a special spot in my heart for Italy too. My 2 oldest daughters were born in Naples.

5. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I kinda like the idea of it having a pivoting head and using blades that I have, broken in half of course. If it came out with a shorter handle, even more so, or if handles are compatible with others.

RaZorBurn123 and BambulanceMan like this.
  6. Shave Monkey

Shave Monkey Well-Known Member

You're welcome. Me too. Something new to try!

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  7. Engblom

Engblom Well-Known Member

I saw the video and I am less impressed. The whole loading system seem to be a bit "flimsy". I really wonder how stable the blade is after a year or so with loading and unloading.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  8. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

If you don't mind a vintage razor, I have a nice Gem I'm giving away in the Freebies section...

jimjo1031 and jaxstraww like this.
  9. jaxstraww

jaxstraww Well-Known Member

I see a Hawk and a Black Hawk V2 on their site. The Black hawk is cheaper than the Hawk they have listed. Also found a chrome hawk for sale but unsure what a good price is for that one

Is the Black Hawk for $30 one of the razors you would recommend?

Sent from my S8+ using Tapatalk

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  10. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

I only have the V1 of Hawk in SS and its a very good razor

11. RaZorBurn123

Yup. That's it. All shave the same, the V2 is a little different, more streamlined. You will not go wrong, id also suggest that you get a sampler of blades if possible. You can expect anywhere from 7-10 shaves per blade. That's been my experience.

12. jaxstraww

jaxstraww Well-Known Member

Last question.

Blades. On their site they list 3 or 4. Is that the 3 or 4 they carry or can you break a DE blade in half or use those shavette blades like Derby makes?

If you have any links to the razors to specifically use that would be awesome.

Sent from my S8+ using Tapatalk

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  13. RaZorBurn123

Those are what they carry, I've used a Polsilver and a Voskhod. Do you can use any DE blade you want, it's a very simple process to snap the blade, just leave it in it's paper wrapper and fold in half.

Keithmax likes this.
  14. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

The 30 day / focus for March Madness shavette interest had me reviewing shavette styles.

Finding the Focus Slim AL Slim, I kept digging.....yeah, yeah, the old guy told me too.... (If you want to get out of the hole junior, don't dig)
    :mog:
    Anyhow, still not sure (if/how) (I may/may not) pursue open blades, I found the Dynamic R48 SE.

I thought It interesting and hope it is okay to bump this old thread back to life. Does anyone have any more on the topic?

Thanks

Keithmax likes this.
  15. lancelot

lancelot New Member

I have had and used a Oneblade for enough time that the R48 gave me no problems shaving from the beginning. No cuts or nicks from 1st shave forward. Method is very similar. Jared of Superior Shave has some great videos demonstrating how to load & shave with this razor. You MUST apply pressure to the upper portion of the top cap against your face. Do this and it's
    not an aggressive razor.
    Mine strikes me as a good, quality piece, and I expect it to last a good while. Watch Jared's video closely on how to load the half blade, and you will hve no trouble. He pretty much indicates the combo stand/load-assist, tool is sort of worthless except as a stand.
    Ron

Edison Carter likes this.
  16. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

I saw that one on another forum. It's starting to get tough to keep track of all the new shaving products. Maybe this isn't such a niche market anymore.

17. Edison Carter

Hi Ron. Thank you for the info. One question if I may ask. In your opinion, how would this piece do for a down and dirty, one quick pass ATG, fly out the door day.
    I've been traditionally wet shaving about 3 months, building my skills and speed slowly. I have come to appreciate daily shaves as well as better shaves with greater comfort. My best shaves are a result of final careful ATG work, which is time consuming for me to do well. On my rush days 1 or 2 quick passes WTG, and out the door I go with a SAS, or else.
    I have seen the videos you speak of. Thanks.

PickledNorthern likes this.
  18. lancelot

lancelot New Member

I cannot get by with a truly one pass ATG. Hurts too much! This razor works for me with one or two WTG passes and a little buffing. I don't think you would be unhappy with one, but that's too subjective to give a definate answer.
    Best of luck,
    Ron

19. Edison Carter

Okay...... Buy and try it is then. I'll try to report if anyone is interested.
    Bill

Keithmax likes this.
  20. lancelot

lancelot New Member

Bill -
    I would be interested. I would hate to learn I had given you a bum steer.

Best regards,
    Ron