March 2018 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by NCoxSTL, Mar 1, 2018.

?

What's Your March Madness?

1. Shavette Dojo with the Samurai Man

10 vote(s)
    29.4%
  2. Rule baby!

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  3. Learning a new razor

5 vote(s)
    14.7%
  4. Soap Mania

7 vote(s)
    20.6%
  5. Brushes

6 vote(s)
    17.6%
  6. A Focus of some kind

12 vote(s)
    35.3%
  7. Cookie Madness!

16 vote(s)
    47.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Bruce. My wife insists on buying me stuff from AOS stores for Christmas. So this year I asked for something I wanted to try. I have the Pepper and 2 other AOS creams, Ocean Kelp and Sandalwood, to use up this year. ;)

2. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Randy I hope you are feeling better soon.

3. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you James. :happy088:

9nein9, FaceScraper, RyX and 2 others like this.
  4. RyX

RyX DoH!

Thank you Bruce and Clint! I'm doing my best to uphold the 30 Rule/Focus standard. I appreciate the camaraderie, coaching, and cheer leading of our collective self help group.

I've been watching the numbers this month. We had 84+% more post here than in the SOS thread. Granted some were other than shaving related. That's what makes this the Heart of TSD. Thanks to the guys that joined up recently and the regulars that stick around. The 30 Day Crew Rules!

5. FaceScraper

FaceScraper Well-Known Member

Ok...I can get down with Sandalwood, but Ocean Kelp? I hope it smells better than it sounds. :D

Screwtape, jluc, 9nein9 and 2 others like this.
  6. RyX

RyX DoH!

Ocean Kelp!

It's not just for breakfast anymore. I enjoy Asian foods to the point of learning to prepare my favorite restaurant offerings. Taught my father to make his own Cali Rolls - Sushi, that is.

Keithmax, Screwtape, jluc and 2 others like this.
  7. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

Finally, another Cologne, Keith. It was getting a little boring with your usual rotation of the other 47...:cool:
    Interesting- older equipment with newer magnetic switches put on them. They are usually done for code at places like industrial facilities or high school shops. Lets see a pic of that lathe!
    Nice photo! Probably not your imagination, Feathers are usually only good for 4 shaves or so for me.
    Your monthly recap photos are a highlight of this thread for me, Clint. Fantastic!
    The ‘Outlaws’! I’ll have to remember that one, Bruce. I am in the same boat- Inlaws and my Mom over today for Easter.

Keithmax, Screwtape, clint64 and 6 others like this.
  8. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Full Moon Yakuza Edition

Before any works of wonder can commence, I shave.

(Buffalo Stance Optional)

[​IMG]

The tools.

[​IMG]

I honor of CHQ2.0. Setting Neal. NOS Cartel garbage. Two passes for the TKO. Osage Rub down. Stay right, your leader knows what you're up to. Yoshi says my car is ready. Will catch you after the Yakuza read the tea leaves.

Other than that...I suppose all is quiet in Colorado. ;)

9. FaceScraper

FaceScraper Well-Known Member

I've eaten it quite a few times, and it's good. It simply doesn't sound appetizing as a scent profile. No doubt it smells better than my mind imagines - dragging some seaweed out of the ocean and smearing it on my face. Which, I suppose is a "spa thing" as well.

No doubt you have patience. Making sushi is a labor of love!

Keithmax, 9nein9, Screwtape and 3 others like this.
  10. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Thanks Jason!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

11. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Micromatic Day 129

Gem ClogPruf
    Gem Stainless (4)
    Semogue BC Texugo
    Stirling Electric Sheep
    Alum
    Superior 70 Bay Rum

Another nice shave with the clogpruf.

12. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Interesting, thanks,

9nein9, clint64 and jluc like this.
  13. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Sheep is a modern classic. Great soap.

I don't write that often.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
  14. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

It smells much better than it sounds. Thank goodness. To my nose it is a clean herbal scent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Jason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I tend to agree. Great post shave feel.

I probably would never have tried any of the Stirling offerings without your PIF of the Gentleman. Thanks.

17. jtface

jtface Well-Known Member

Took the shim out of the 34c... Had a CCS! Only one weeper on the chin... I was rushing, and was not concentrating! I have recently started to use the Arko moisturising cream as an ASB, and it is quite frankly superb!
    Keeping my beady eye out for a 1912 on the bay! Does anyone know if you can acquire 100 packs of blue carbon SE blades in the UK? I know I can get the PTFE stainless ones from Connaught shaving.

FaceScraper, Keithmax, 9nein9 and 3 others like this.
  18. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Here's another example of a "modern classic cream"....Rise Super Foam. The classic part is that most of the same features of the old Rise still exist. The modern part is they took away the original scent.

FaceScraper, Keithmax, 9nein9 and 2 others like this.
  19. jtface

jtface Well-Known Member

Is the Sterling stuff a soap like the MWF or Williams? Or a croap like Proraso?

20. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

March 31st
    Gillette NEW LC w Nacet (2)
    30DC LE
    Yahk Soap Co. Creamy Coconut
    Alum
    Thayers
    Florida Water
    C6C65870-15D8-4A50-B966-2982767B5931.jpeg
    Last shave of the month. Had time for a nice 2 pass shave with this better than expected soap (I say that everytime I pull it out).
    I spent most of the month focussing on my new NEW SC (thanks again, @Linuxguile !) and on using my neglected Alum bar. Switched to a LC for the last 3 shaves of the month for a (Scientific) comparison. Still love the LC a tad more, but the SC is an exceptional shaver as well. Have gotten much more used to the Alum face feel, but have found that I dislike using it without witch hazel afterwards. I don’t think it will be a daily addition to the routine, perhaps just as an occasional technique check with new hardware or such.
    Not sure yet what I will do for April, as I really don’t want to use Arko all month. Maybe a week or so of it.
    Have a great Easter weekend all!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.