April 2018 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by NCoxSTL, Apr 1, 2018.

?

Your plan for Arko Adustable April?

1. Use Arko - DUH!!

11 vote(s)
    29.7%
  2. Use an adjustable razor - DUH!!

12 vote(s)
    32.4%
  3. Eat cookies. Lots and lots of cookies.

11 vote(s)
    29.7%
  4. Use a straight razor - maybe with Arko?

3 vote(s)
    8.1%
  5. I'll shave whatever way I want, thank you very much Mr. Nosey!

25 vote(s)
    67.6%
  6. Mail some new survey ideas to Cartel HQ - those guys are dragging us down!

1 vote(s)
    2.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jtface

jtface Well-Known Member

TABAC! :rofl::happy102:

2. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

It is not funny :angry019: it has taken to mocking me. The more I try to finish it off the greater it's regenerative powers:angry032: My goal is in the next week :sick013: this puck of Tabac.

3. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Good point!!!! BULLY!!!! And thank you.
    SE is ALWAYS the answer!!

4. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

It's kind of like sourdough starter seems like.....

5. jtface

jtface Well-Known Member

Well, it's either you or the Tabac that will come out on top... If you're not posting after this week... Well...

I had a feeling you might say that!

6. Biglou

Biglou Active Member

Agreed! And a little swirl of your favorite whiskey or scotch, served neat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Biglou

Biglou Active Member

With three sample size Stirling shave soaps arriving Monday I am going to put my Proraso croap aside for a month and just try the Stirling (Orange Chill, Glacial Lemon Chill, and Tea Tree)

The only other change I will be making is my razor blades. I’ve never tried shaving with any other blades except for Merkur and it’s time to test a few out. I ordered a sample pack online to try a few out. I will run through a few shaves each and when it’s time to change the blade I’ll try another. Hoping for great results

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

AMEN brother!!

9. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

Well, if you have been shaving for any length of time using Merkur blades and getting okay results, I would say you are in for a treat when you try almost any other name brand blade. The Russians and Japanese in particular know how to make good shaving blades. There are running jokes around here about the Russian Cartel and the Yakuza (see Neal's opening post for examples) but that's because their blades really are some of the best around.

10. Screwtape

I would really feel for you, forcing yourself to stick with only one brand of soap and aftershave for a whole month, except: (a) they make about the best soap and splash out there, and (b) they have a different scent available for every day of the month...

11. Screwtape

Sounds like a good Focus to me -- keeping all the software the same, sticking with the same blades, and rotating razors to see which you like best...

12. Screwtape

Great picture of a wonderful shave setup, Keith. I'm sure you will beat that Tabac eventually... maybe....

13. Screwtape

Stopping the Palmolive Challenge for a month to take up with the Arko again?

14. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

A month with Stirling? Winner, winner chicken dinner!

Good call!

News flash... the Russian Cartel was caught meddling in another shave election, splitting the vote between Shavette focus and “some kind of focus”. As such, the Academy has ruled that votes for a focus outnumber votes for cookies. (We have a dude in a suit with a briefcase to prove it.) The embers of the cookie revolution continue to burn brightly!

“Let them eat fruitcake!”

We now take you back to regularly scheduled programming...
    I will focus on not focusing very intently this month.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
    Drygulch, sdguero, NCoxSTL and 12 others like this.
  15. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Sounds like a fine plan for the April.

16. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Welcome back and a wonderful plan for April. Which blade gap does your Timeless razor have? I will be following your reports on it with great interest.

17. LevelupShaves

LevelupShaves Well-Known Member

I'm definitely in for the adjustable part of April's theme but not so much the Arko. I used Arko all month in March for my focus so I'm in need for some variety at this point.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

18. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

A great plan for the month.

:D I was thinking exactly the same thing. I made it exactly 1 shave with a Merkur blade.

19. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

I am in for the April. My plan for the month is to concentrate on shaving creams in an effort to use up some of the inventory. However, I will continue to use Nuàvia Blu on every Sunday I can for the same reason. I will rotate through razors and brushes with whatever strikes my fancy. I am looking forward to another great month following along.

20. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

For this month's survey, as they charge out of the gate, Mr. Nosey and Cookies are 1 ad 2. With a looong way to go, it's too early to project a winner(and there are no oceans near Iowa :cool:)

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.