April 2018 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by NCoxSTL, Apr 1, 2018.

?

Your plan for Arko Adustable April?

1. Use Arko - DUH!!

11 vote(s)
    29.7%
  2. Use an adjustable razor - DUH!!

12 vote(s)
    32.4%
  3. Eat cookies. Lots and lots of cookies.

11 vote(s)
    29.7%
  4. Use a straight razor - maybe with Arko?

3 vote(s)
    8.1%
  5. I'll shave whatever way I want, thank you very much Mr. Nosey!

25 vote(s)
    67.6%
  6. Mail some new survey ideas to Cartel HQ - those guys are dragging us down!

1 vote(s)
    2.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    When "duty" calls...:eatdrink047:

Drygulch, sdguero, 9nein9 and 12 others like this.
  2. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

My wife’s family is from not too far away from there, south of Mankato. We live north of there in Bemidji now.

Drygulch, sdguero, 9nein9 and 7 others like this.
  3. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

Okay, you'll have to PM me your new address.

4. PickledNorthern

Is that a glass of Easter Bourbon in the background?

The razor looks great. I am going to spend some time with one this month also.

Drygulch, sdguero, 9nein9 and 10 others like this.
  5. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Micromatic Day 130

Gem ClogPruf
    Gem Stainless (5)
    Chubzz 3 (Rubberset 300n/OmegaBabyPro knot)
    Arko Stick
    Alum
    Superior 70 Bay Rum
    Soap Commander Love ASB

A very nice Sunday evening shave. Arko was as slick as always. The block of alum reinforced that it was a good shave.

I am going to continue on with the Micromatic, but throw some Arko stick in as well.

Enjoy your night.

Drygulch, sdguero, 9nein9 and 14 others like this.
  6. RyX

RyX DoH!

How come there isn't a sarcasm font?

I've paired the Jeeves Bay Rum with M&L Florida water. Just might try it with some added patchouli EO!

When I tubbed the Arko I did use a grater. Palmolive got cut into sugar cube sized pieces then some jibbles to fill the voids. Mashed it all down and added enough water to fill the voids. The stick seems to have melted together and softened. It should load easily on any brush if it's softened.
    Blade wrap for scale, Arko on the left, Palmolive on the right.
    Arko & Palmolive sticks - tubbed.gif

Drygulch, sdguero, 9nein9 and 15 others like this.
  7. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

One man's caviar is another man's trout bait. Or something like that.

Drygulch, sdguero, RyX and 13 others like this.
  8. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

The Cartel will always take unwanted blades. We prefer Sharp Stars, but hey, we'll take all orphans.

9. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

I scoop some Tabac out and put it in the aircraft carrier dock. The brush will not fit in the Tabac tub.

I have two pucks in the closet that I bought when it was on sale. I will always have some Tabac in the den.

I would expect nothing less from the ice cream maker. Hope you have recovered fully.

Drygulch, sdguero, 9nein9 and 11 others like this.
  10. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

There was no Cartel meddling at all. Seriously. We just had a few "civilians" keep track of the poll and through the subtle use of social media manipulation we made sure that the votes were honestly voted, once the proper indoctrination, er....I mean....persuasion was applied. Nothing to see here. Move along.

move along.jpg

11. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

Clint clearly knows more than me. I am now confused too. The smell I don’t like is unmistakably bay leaf to me. I have no idea what cloves smell like. Having said that, growing up in South Florida, the bay leaves I’m used to in my mom’s cooking could well be West Indes Bay leaves, since they’re commonly used in Caribbean cooking. Long story short, I’m now fairly certain I have no idea.

Thanks for the review, John. I probably should focus on using the soaps I already have rather than becoming a “soap prepper”.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
  12. GawainandtheGreenKnight

GawainandtheGreenKnight Well-Known Member

Very cool, her uncle Brad and Aunt Jill live up in Fergus Falls. We vacationed up on Lake Itasca last summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. GawainandtheGreenKnight

GawainandtheGreenKnight Well-Known Member

I think if I sell one more thing, I will have the wife's blessing to buy it. I think she thought buying me the 6c would get it the scent, but it won't the damn thing is just too beautiful I gotta shave it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drygulch, sdguero, RyX and 9 others like this.
  14. PickledNorthern

Me either. Stirling Bay Rum says “just a hint of clove”, and it’s the strongest, worstest, thing I have ever tried. Caties Bubbles lists clove right behind bay, and it’s powerful, but I like it. I think Ogallala has none (I think), and it’s my favorite. I have no clue. I really like some of them, and despise others.

15. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Thanks. My adjustables all stay at one setting though. No twisting the silly little knob.

16. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I don't know ehat y'all are whining about....I got a great shave outta mine.

17. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Cartel Headquarters Move - 2018

Well, after a day of sorting, shifting and trying to move with every muscle screaming for relief, things are looking a bit more normal around HQ. This move will be the stuff of legends. Songs will be sung. Feasts feasted. Toasts raised and toasted. A glorious day in the history of this great organization.

Just a few shots of the process for your information, entertainment, or just because you're bored enough to read anything. Whatever works.

There was something different from the start of this move. There was clearly a tail on me during the early stages as the following photo shows. This image was captured by a Yakuza operative following me to the house during loading. I was passing under the railroad bridge over the Missouri River when they snapped the picture, no doubt for nefarious reasons.

Yakuza Tail.jpg

The car later showed up as we were waiting for the loading crew. It blocked the truck from moving forward and tension ran high. The loading crew never showed up. They finally called with all kinds of problems and I realized that we'd have to handle the load ourselves.

Uhaul.jpg

The Yakuza operative had approached and, upon realizing there was no loading crew, agreed to take a Ruble to help move HQ as both our interests would be best served through continued cooperation. I was glad they agreed for only one Ruble, as that is a lot of money these days. Nearly 2 cents in American funds. (current exchange rate is 1 Ruble= $0.017)

Ruble.jpg

Loading was a bit slower than if the crew had shown but we made it. Unloading was accomplished much faster since the unload crew did, in fact, show up and rescue our tired butts. Then, a few more trips in the two cars cleaned out HQ 1.0. I returned the favor of a surreptitious photo of the Yakuza vehicle. Colorado Yakuza. The most devious yet hospitable. The final trip was in the dark and was followed by dinner consisting of piles of BBQ.

Yakuza Tag.jpg

Saturday was spent trying to start the sort process. Everyone moving slow, sore, tired, and a little overwhelmed that we made it happen in a single day. Made a little progress, gave up as evening approached and settled for rare steaks with all the trimmings. Today the new HQ is looking much better, and the official shave den for the Czar has taken shape nicely. Mrs. Czar even bought a new rug to fit the theme. Don't tell me she's not a keeper.

Den Floor Mat Crop.JPG

As of 1900 hours, the official Den looks like this.....

Den Left Wall Crop.JPG Den Sink Crop.JPG Den Right Wall Crop.JPG

The Czar's office is not yet that organized but it's getting there. The final momentous occasion for the move was the final summit between the Russian and Yakuza leaders. I'm happy to report that the peaceful cooperation that we have forged will continue unabated. After all, when you hold the summit at Waffle House, how can there be anything but peace and friendship?

2018 Cartel Summit.jpg

Thanks to everyone for your well wishes and thoughts. I'll shave tonight and get back to normal and hit work again tomorrow. Thanks for a great start already to April! Let's keep it rolling!!

Attached Files:

18. brit

brit in a box

that is a cool razor...

Drygulch, sdguero, 9nein9 and 3 others like this.
  19. PickledNorthern

[​IMG]

-Black Beauty
    -30 DC LE
    -Arko
    -Electric Sheep

I took a little inspiration from @Bama Samurai and went with the Gillette, the JT Spartan and Arko. A big splash of Sheep rounded it all out. Hope you all had a nice Easter.

Drygulch, sdguero, 9nein9 and 15 others like this.
  20. PickledNorthern

Me too. I don’t use them a ton, but they are all set to eleven.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.