1970 gillette adjustable

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Jrdelgado, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Jrdelgado

Jrdelgado Well-Known Member

Shaved with Arko and my p1 adjustable on 8. Man. Comfortable shave. Do any of you use this razor regularly? I love mine.

preidy, Jorvaljr, Bobcat and 3 others like this.
  2. RyX

RyX DoH!

I picked up a nickle plated short P-3 around Thanksgiving last year.
    Black Beauty.gif
    Sent it in a a package with one each boar, badger, & synth brushes, blades, soap samples, and a suribachi bowl to one of my sons.

Might spot more in this thread. ;)

(It started as Fat Boy Friday but kind of got away from me.)

preidy, Herm2502 and sdguero like this.
  3. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I have one that is a family razor. I use it now and then. Friday I will break it out!! 9 is the acceptable setting.

Jayaruh, Herm2502, RyX and 1 other person like this.
  4. sdguero

sdguero Well-Known Member

I have a P1 and a P3. They’re great shavers.

Jayaruh and RyX like this.
  5. Redrock

Redrock Well-Known Member

Very good razor and fun to use.

sdguero and RyX like this.
  6. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

I have a V1 (1975). It's in my regular rotation. Nice shaves always.

Herm

sdguero and RyX like this.
  7. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Broke mine out for Fridays before work shave. 2 day old dollar store Dorco was awesome. The tuxedo knot in the 30DC brush worked great on the Haslinger. Finished with Family Dollar Spice AS.
    20180413_155458.jpg

preidy, sdguero and brit like this.
  8. brit

brit in a box

at present i don t own one. looking for a nice short handle...

sdguero likes this.
  9. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I have the long-handle version and I love it. It is usually set to 3, for me.

sdguero likes this.
  10. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

I have both a long and short handle version. Both shave excellent, but I tend to favor the short handle.:)

jtspartan and sdguero like this.
  11. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

Just got mine 2 days ago and 2 shaves in, it has been a very nice razor. Shaved on 9 then 7 for 2 great BBS shaves. It's a ‘69 Gold tone LH Black Beauty. Smooth and a looker......

2GTvH27.jpg

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
  12. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

Mine is a P3. It was a grungy corroded mess in a multiple razor eBay lot when I got it. Mechanically reasonably sound but cosmetically challenged. My user Fatboy was the same; my only Slim had much more finish preserved. I sent all three off to Delta Echo and had them refurbished in a matching black-red Ink scheme. I have found that the coating not only makes the razors look like new, it smooths out the functioning of the TTO and dial adjustment mechanisms and also makes the razors seem to glide better across the skin. Here they are (the BB has a bit of white coating on it because I had just used it with a soap that left a film behind; a dip in Scrubbing Bubbles and it's new black/red again):

Delta Echo FB BB and Slim 02.JPG Delta Echo FB BB and Slim.JPG

preidy, Jorvaljr, Sara-s and 2 others like this.
  13. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

Ditto.

14. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

15. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

I have to the short version of the long version of my birth year at quarter. I shave with it every once in a while but I also use it as my back up/clean up razor on setting five. Aside from my techs, This razor provide me with the most comfortable shaves

16. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

Not normally in my rotation but still like to break her out 3 or 4 times a year. A nice easy shave for me due to the weighty head. Like the black handle head contrast too. IMG_1496.JPG

Jorvaljr likes this.