Two New Brushes by Jayaruh

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Jayaruh, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I made this Cholula brush from a large Cholula cap and a Maggard 22mm black synthetic knot.
    [​IMG]

I made this Jayaruh #284 from bocote wood and set with a Maggard 24mm blonde synthetic knot. I have made about 4 other brushes of this style, and I really like it. I am using #144 this week. It has a finest badger knot. It inspired me to make a new one.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  2. Jrdelgado

Jrdelgado Well-Known Member

Wow they look great!!

Jayaruh likes this.
  3. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    Thanks. The 284 is a shape I have made before. I really like it. I am using #144 this week, same shape handle.

PLAla likes this.
  4. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

That cap brush is a travel looking thing!! Love the style on the bottom brush!!

Jayaruh likes this.
  5. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    This was my second brush with the big lid handle. Back in January I made one with an Omega boar knot.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I remember that. Love that brand on eggs. Time to buy a bottle!!

Jayaruh likes this.
  7. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    My son turned me on to Cholula. I use it on my eggs, too. I will take others, but that is the one I ask for.

8. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

#284 looks similar to #60, which is proudly in my den. Beautiful brushes, Jim!

SOTD 2-10-18.JPG

SpeedyPC, wristwatchb and Jayaruh like this.
  9. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    Yeah. I believe that was my first handle like that. It is kind of an original design I think. I don't know if I have seen others like it. I may be wrong. It is a fun handle to make.

PLAla likes this.
  10. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I prefer tobassco on most things. I spent a winter many moons ago in Snow Hill NC driving a cotton truck for a gin. I tried Cholula on eggs there and have loved it every since. Mexican hot sauce in NC....who would have thunk it!!