Why I keep coming back to TSD...

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Primotenore, Apr 19, 2018.

1. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    I've been doing some prolific posting lately, having some fun on TSD and I thought to myself: "Self, how come you never post threads on any other shave fora?" Now, I know a lot of you frequent the other fora. I see your posts. No judgement here, I do too, but what I don't find myself doing is creating fun or informative threads on the other fora. I simply don't care to.
    Here is where I feel most comfortable and here is where I do most of my "personal" postings; without fear of judgement or criticism. TSD is my "Mayberry" and I sincerely hope it always remains just like that.
    Primo...out.

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

I come back as it’s pleasant, people seem fun, there’s no egos, and awesome pics of stuff. Add in really helpful info for a beginner and this place is spot on for me.

3. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

[​IMG]

We might even work with Flat Earthers.

We don't confuse mass with weight.

We love to have fun.

And we all know that synthetic is best...

;)

4. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

:signs011:

5. TobyC

TobyC Well-Known Member

Glad we're not "Hooterville"!

[​IMG]

6. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

7. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I have left several times but always get pulled back. Mayberry is a good way to look at it.

8. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

This is a place where I feel comfortable and have ‘virtual’ friends. Sounds strange, but I enjoy seeing the posts from everyone and I have no fear of people ganging up on someone because of a post they don’t agree with. This place has a stability to it that other forums do not have.

Oh, did I mention that we have great info on shaving gear and technique?

9. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

Lurked on several well know forums when I first started and frankly this site had it all. Bunch of nice, intelligent people, a ton of good info and a lot of pics. I've never had any reason to go else where and don't plan on leaving anytime soon! :happy088:

10. SevenEighth

SevenEighth Well-Known Member

I enjoy reading many forums but seem to learn the most here.

11. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

I don’t post on other forums, stopped a while ago. TSD is just more fun, more friendly and where people shave with twigs or popsicle sticks or just tape a blade to a finger.

Even in a flat world we all know badger brushes are the best :lam:

12. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

I don't even visit other wet shaving forums. Banned at the Cat & Claw and I'm not sure if any other place is still active.

13. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

This is my "shave" home, just a great place to be. I do frequent TOST board as they are a really nice group of folks too. But this is place for me

14. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I really like it here, and I like it across the street, too. Here, though, I can shave with anything I like. There are really no unmentionables here. Across the street, however, I have slipped up a couple of times. Look out for bricks. HA! Good guys all around.

9nein9, 178-bplatoon, RyX and 5 others like this.
  15. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

16. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

I can echo most of what has been said. And the online friendships that form here can translate easily to the real world as well. I know - I've seen me do it. Friendly helpful people who love to share their knowledge, jokes and good times. And it's totally rewarding to see a Newbie come on board, spend a few weeks learning, then suddenly become the expert for the next Newb. That's very cool, and shows how well this place works!

178-bplatoon, RyX, Yehuda D and 6 others like this.
  17. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Why would you even try to shave with a brick?:p

18. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Well if you get a brick thrown your way hopefully it will just be a close shave and not a hit.

19. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Ah.... I see.

20. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Rimshot!

RyX and NCoxSTL like this.