How's Your Day? April 2018

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by richgem, Apr 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

Today is the end of a four day stretch as me being the lead for my store. My boss comes back from vacation on monday, and I get 3 days off starting Tuesday. I went from only having to do my job and "help" wit his, to doing his job, my job, and run the entire shooting match, so to speak.
    I think I did ok, or at least as well as can be expected. I went from 45 hours a week, to 55 hours in 4 days. So this check will be nice, but honestly, at this point, I think I'd rather have the sleep.

AGHisBBS, richgem and Erik Redd like this.
  2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Spent a couple hours this afternoon throwing old papers away, cleaning my coffee table(Old English), the tub, and took out the trash to the dumpster. I don't know what'd going on with my cleaning lady.

AGHisBBS likes this.
  3. Paul Turner

That's about all I can do if I got into such a situation-find something to pull myself up.

Sara-s likes this.
  4. Paul Turner

Off to the gym soon,....man, what a rain all day! I guess I'll have to be nice and wear boots and pack my sneakers, so the equipment doesn't get wet. Not good to slip on a treadmill.

Sara-s and AGHisBBS like this.
  5. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

Spent $1400 last week to repair my daughter's car. $1500 today to fix mine. And actively shopping for something to replace my wife's old jalopy because I refuse to sink more money into it. Adulting stinks.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

6. rmcintyre84

rmcintyre84 Got out of the kitchen

Had a great initial interview with a church in IL last night. Now, the waiting game.

Intrigued, BaylorGator and AGHisBBS like this.
  7. rmcintyre84

8. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

Yep, paid $1000 yesterday to fix my son's car

9. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

Said a prayer for you.

10. Paul Turner

Hey Ag-man, on your new avatar, is the person setting something on fire, or smashing his instrument to bits?

11. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

You had me confused there for a moment. My last name is Silverman and when I was teaching science, I often signed things as Ag-man.

Erik Redd and Paul Turner like this.
  12. AGHisBBS

On September 21st 1979 at the Palladium in New York bassist for The Clash, Paul Simonon was getting frustrated. The Palladium was an all seat venue and The Clash was used to a more raucous crowd. As the band tried to rally the crowd to their feet, the bouncers pressured them back into their seats. In frustration Paul smashed his favorite Fender Precision bass. The photo taken would become iconic, and would become the cover photo for the successful album "London Calling".
    Capture london call.GIF

Paul Turner likes this.
  13. Paul Turner

Is that right? That's the "nickname" I give our friend on the YO pages. @AGHisBBS. . What a co-in-SI-dence.

Sara-s and AGHisBBS like this.
  14. rmcintyre84

Depression sucks.

15. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I got a new (faster) router for the house yesterday. Easy enough to get the laptops & tablets online, but then there were the 4 Amazon Echo dots & 8 smart plugs, each of which has to be set up individually.

AGHisBBS likes this.
  16. AGHisBBS

It sure does. Can I ask you to reach out and get help? Without a stigma depression is treatable. Talk therapy, medication, regular exercise, not isolating are all proven methods of treating depression. You are not unique. Your depression must be taken by the horns and wrestled down using all methods available to you. Look at it as a medical condition. I'm a past sufferer and I can tell you that using all the methods works and I'm great now. You not only have to help yourself, but you have to let others help you. I'm praying for you buddy.

Erik Redd likes this.
  17. Paul Turner

I just found out a man our family got to know well died from some disease relative to alcohol dependence. I believe depression was an issue with him as well. He was just a year older than me-in fact in 11 days I will turn the same age he was,.

AGHisBBS and Erik Redd like this.
  18. rmcintyre84

Thank you. I am getting help. I'm just at a low point. It happens.

AGHisBBS, Sara-s and Erik Redd like this.
  19. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

All the gizmos (21 in all) are now set up. So, having checked the weather forecast & determined that conditions are right, I pulled my outdoor Bonsai out of their mulch tubs. I have restored the little decorations I put in the pots, as well.
    Owing to my fondness for Godzilla movies, each pot gets a miniature dinosaur and a teeny little tractor, so the dinosaur will have something to chase. We wouldn't want the dinosaurs to get bored.

AGHisBBS, Intrigued and richgem like this.
  20. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

My day is going great! Any day l am this side of the dirt is a good day.

Redfisher and Sara-s like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.