U.S.M.C. Brush Handle For Douglas Carey

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by jimjo1031, Apr 25, 2018.

1. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I made a brush handle for @Douglas Carey for a knot that he already has. The first pic just starting out with the rough shape with the rotary tool..........
    20180424_142901_preview.jpg

Second pic showing the handle just about done with hand sanding and the knot hole marked out..........
    20180424_153736_preview.jpg

Third pic with the handle primed, a couple of black spray coats for the top color. And the hole for the knot done..........
    20180424_162846_preview.jpg

The fourth and fifth pics showing the handle all done. Top done in black with a yellow edge and bottom in red. Both pics showing the decals I made and placed at the opposite ends. Also, I epoxied a layer of BB's for added weight. I just have to wait a couple of days for the paint to fully cure to smooth out the finish..........
    20180425_105752_preview.jpg
    20180425_105854_preview.jpg

Edit: I decided to go ahead and smooth out the finish a bit early..........
    20180425_191301_preview.jpg
    20180425_191406_preview.jpg

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
  2. chrisgeeo

chrisgeeo Well-Known Member

Nice job!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Douglas Carey and jimjo1031 like this.
  3. jimjo1031

Thank you Chris.

Douglas Carey and chrisgeeo like this.
  4. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Looks awesome Jim!

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Great job and looks fantastic, not to mention the fact that the theme is one to be honoured.

Douglas Carey, RyX and jimjo1031 like this.
  6. jimjo1031

Thanks Andrew.

Douglas Carey and Linuxguile like this.
  7. jimjo1031

Thank you.

Douglas Carey likes this.
  8. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

9. jimjo1031

Thank you sir.

10. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Hot diggity devil dog! That’s cool!

11. jimjo1031

Thanks Jorge.

12. AlDm

AlDm Well-Known Member

Gorgeous work of Jimio! ......................................... I have one question. Of course, you can not answer. I'm very interested in how you are applying the logo. I really want to try to make such a handle for a shaving brush. Sorry for my English.

Великолепная работа Jimio! .........................................У меня возник один вопрос. Конечно, вы можете не отвечать. Мне очень интересно, каким образом вы наносите логотип? Мне очень хочется попробовать сделать подобную ручку для кисти для бритья. Извините за мой английский.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
  13. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Very good, Jim.

14. jimjo1031

It's not really that hard to do, just a little practice. Besides needing a computer, you'll need three other items. A printer (inkjet or laser), decal transfer paper, white works the best, and clear enamel spray, acrylic if possible but not necessary. You can also use clear paper, but it only works in certain situations, like lettering on a light color background. First, find an image on the internet and download it. Second, with the decal transfer paper in the printer, inkjet and laser use their own paper, print it to the size needed and make sure it's set to highest quality on glossy photo paper. After printing, let dry and give it a couple of light clear coats to seal in the ink. Give some time to let the clear coats dry before trimming. This part is pretty much the same as applying decals to a model airplane: Let the paper soak in water to loosen it from the backing paper, but not completely off. Then wet the area it's going on and slide it off the backing paper into the position where it's going. Use a paper towel and light blot it to remove access water and let dry. When dry, because of the white paper, there will be a white edge and I just use a thin paint brush with paint to match the handle color and go around the edge of the decal to blend it in. Darker colors are the easiest to work on. Then when that's dry, a few clear coats to seal everything. Also look up videos on Youtube on how to make and apply decals for more tips.

I did a Google translate......................
    Это не очень трудно сделать, просто немного практики. Кроме того, нуждающихся в компьютере, вы будете нуждаться в трех других элементов. Принтер (струйный или лазерный), этикета передачи бумаги, белый работает лучше, и ясно эмаль спрей, акрил, если это возможно, но не требуется. Вы также можете использовать четкую бумагу, но она работает только в определенных ситуациях, как надписи на светлом фоне цвета. Во-первых, найти изображение в Интернете и скачать его. Во-вторых, с этикету передачи бумаги в принтере, струйных и лазерных использовать свои собственные бумаги, распечатать его до необходимого размера и убедитесь, что он установлен на высокое качество на глянцевой бумаге фото. После печати, дайте высохнуть и дать ему пару легких прозрачных пальто для уплотнения в чернила. Дайте некоторое время, чтобы очистить пальто сухой перед обрезки. Эта часть в значительной степени так же, как применение отличительные знаки для модели самолета: пусть бумага впитывается в воду, чтобы ослабить его из бумаги, но не полностью выкл. Затем смочите области это происходит, и сдвиньте его от резервной бумаги в положение, где он собирается. Используйте бумажное полотенце и светлое пятно оно для того чтобы извлечь воду доступа и препятствовало высохнуть. Когда сухой, из-за белой бумаги, там будет белый край, и я просто использовать тонкие кисти краски с краской, чтобы соответствовать цвет ручки и идти по краю этикета смешать его. Более темные цвета легче всего работать. Тогда, когда это сухой, несколько прозрачных пальто, чтобы запечатать все. Также посмотрите вверх видео на YouTube о том, как сделать и применять отличительные знаки для получения дополнительных советов.

http://dutch-diana.blogspot.com/2011/01/how-to-make-you-own-water-decals.html

15. jimjo1031

Thank you Jim.

16. brit

brit in a box

very cool..

17. jimjo1031

Thank you.

Douglas Carey and brit like this.
  18. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

19. jimjo1031

Thank you sir.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
  20. Ijustmissedthe50s

Ijustmissedthe50s The Warnee

Both you and the brush are class acts! 346x0f4.jpg