Gamechanger..... RazoRock is on point!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Str8on2, Apr 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

Just came in today. IB nailed it. Fit, finish is impeccable with the cap, base and both handles. The Radio Knob and the Bamboo...
    Not that I’m trying to push an enabling button, but you know.......

BFF5C0E4-18A5-4EA5-A942-26CAC01B9EA4.jpeg 8D74C908-FC4D-469F-AF5E-98BEAF02457A.jpeg 4996A276-E905-4CAE-80A4-66CB165E81C6.jpeg

I’m just saying.....

2. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Do you think it will out perform the 2011 R41?

3. Str8on2

No.... Only 2 razors outperform the ‘11 R41. That’s the Ikon Tech & the PAA DOC EVO. Period.

luv2shave and Jorvaljr like this.
  4. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Lol have you shaved with a Gillette bulldog? Hot diggity damn

Str8on2 likes this.
  5. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

Or the New Standard adjusted out a quarter turn?

jgreenepa and jmudrick like this.
  6. Str8on2

Yeah, a 1919. Walk in the park.....

7. Flyingbald

Flyingbald Member

Boom[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Macktheknife

Macktheknife Active Member

Shaving review?

9. Str8on2

MR41 likes this.
  10. Latherin’ Luddite

Latherin’ Luddite Well-Known Member

I loaded my new GC with a new Astra blade and proceeded with a light touch. After a prep with Stirling Tuscany I enjoyed a good two pass shave.

I rode the cap, and pretty much let the weight of the razor do the work. It gave OK feedback and didn't jump out at me with any surprises. Just a mild-mannered, well balanced, finely crafted DE.

My next blade will be a Kai, which should bring out a little more goodness.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2021
    brit and Str8on2 like this.
  11. Str8on2

The Kai should help a bit with feel and efficiency. It was the blade that gave me excellent results during my tryout with the GC prototype. Good luck and happy shaves... :)

12. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Congrats!! I was a tester and still have my game changer, it's the best razor I've used. Even better than my Weber PH.

Linuxguile and Flyingbald like this.
  13. Str8on2

Nothing new to add here except that the Gamechanger gave me an excellent 2.5 pass shave on 24 hours growth on it’s maiden shave. I threw in a fresh Kai SS blade, went all out with the RazoRock soap & a/s splash, the F-400 XXL and gave meself a no irritation, no nics or weepers 5 star BBS finish. As I’ve said before, and to each their own but the Kai & Gamechanger duo is an elite shaving combination for me. Stays smooth but gives just the right amount of blade feel and efficiency that I like. Perfect alignment, excellent fitment and tolerances with good weight and balance equals a great shave in my hands. And for $50. Probably won’t work for everyone, and that’s fine by me. Everyone has to find what works for them. The Gamechanger works for me.....

210BDB31-6B29-4B07-86BD-847013A233F4.jpeg

14. deniro444

deniro444 Member

Looked on Italian Barber and they are sold out. Anyone have any idea when they will be back in stock?

15. Str8on2

4-6 weeks.....

deniro444 likes this.
  16. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

I just paid today $180 for Rex Ambassador group buy that's happening on damnfineshave forum, but I know I'm getting the GC when it hits in about a month

17. jeff fugate

jeff fugate Member

I like every razorock product I have purchased.

Paul6506 and luv2shave like this.
  18. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

+1, they seem to know what folks want and they try their best to full fill orders but they must be popular because there mostly sold out of products I like.

19. Str8on2

Got my fourth shave in with the Gamechanger. Still the same Kai blade in there and it worked flawlessly. Cleared my face in 2.5/3 passes with no irritation to speak of. Why has it been working for me? Perhaps the hair that grows on my face is not as dense as others. I can get a full beard, just not as thick, heavy or dense as some others may have. The hair on my face is also not that coarse, more like wirey steel that swirls around my neck and throat area. So, it might be more of an issue with those that have very heavy growth and perhaps with sensitive skin, the Gamechanger may not be their answer whether using the sharpest blades out there or not.

As I have stated before, the Gamechanger does work for me, but I have had to use a very sharp blade such as a Feather and even more so the Kai. These two blades work very well for me, with the Kai giving me a slight more bit of blade feel thus a better feeling shave. As some have stated here, myself included, I believe the safety bar/guard is just a bit to long and is a detriment to the Gamechanger’s performance in terms of feeling more efficiency throughout the shave. I’ll stand by that and believe that the guard is the main culprit. Positive or negative blade exposure has a good say in it here also, but that span between the guard to the blade is just a tad to far thus making the cutting window a bit more narrow to find for some. I ride the cap a bit more and the guard is basically not touching my face when I shave and I have been getting the desired results on a consistent basis. Not saying it’s the answer, it just works for me and perhaps it might work for others. Besides that, the razor is made to excellent standards of quality, fitment and finish.

Then again, we can just wait until the more aggressive base plates become available. Would I prefer a more aggressive/efficient baseplate? Absolutely. I’d be the first one in line once that happens. The platform is there in every other aspect including the ridiculous price that it’s being offered for to be a true Gamechanger. I think once that’s happens, it will be a different story....
    As it stands, I can deal with it.

D76869E7-BD53-49B0-8AD5-B57E725D7A65.jpeg

brit, deniro444, luv2shave and 2 others like this.
  20. luv2shave

luv2shave Active Member

Very well summarised !

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.