Mild Shavers Thread-Techs,TTOs,Anything mild!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by MR41, Mar 4, 2018.

?

Do you consider a Gillette Red Tip mild?

1. Yes

2. No

3. It Depends on the day

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

I haven’t tried the Baili; now I want to. I’ve been very pleased with my “ cheap Chinese” razors-I’ve tried a Weishi and a no nome dollar store razor branded as Assured and both have been good. The Weishi the better of the two.

bayercy likes this.
  2. bayercy

bayercy Well-Known Member

I like Weishi's modern shape. Baili is a little different. IMHO, Baili's plate is better. Both of them give nearly same shaving experience.
    I am waiting for sale to Weishi's new black coated tto to order from AliExpress.

MR41 and Enrico like this.
  3. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

B8DCFCC9-EC58-451C-A22E-AEB348BC10D4.jpeg

brit and preidy like this.
  4. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

4C1C2C6D-64BC-43D8-B480-EE64BBA61420.jpeg CB0C25A8-8D4B-4DD0-A340-FBCCE94B01E0.jpeg 0D87F2C2-A72F-4984-9F0B-EC6FC5052E05.jpeg

brit, preidy and Enrico like this.
  5. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

8A014D5D-8670-4124-ADA5-5E71DA244D3C.jpeg

Enrico likes this.
  6. rbilly

rbilly Well-Known Member

20180503_003508.jpg I also posted this in the williams thread, but this was a very mild but great shave. I have just rediscovered using mild razors, had been shaving with a fattip grande for awhile now and found I cant beat the prewar tech.

brit, preidy, MR41 and 2 others like this.
  7. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I've eluded to this in the past ... I look at the efficiency (aggressiveness) of a razor like speed. In which case; I don't need a race car to get to work, when a Subaru gets me there just fine, and with greater comfort. :D

brit, MR41, AGHisBBS and 1 other person like this.
  8. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

A WRX-STI motor in your Outback would be fine too though.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

kfbrady likes this.
  9. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

Agreed! I like the right balance of efficiency and comfort.

10. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

Me too. I have re discovered mild razors with the technique learned from very aggressive razors and it has made them very enjoyable. I used mostly very aggressive razors for several years , butI have taken a hard left into mild razors.

brit and Enrico like this.
  11. rbilly

rbilly Well-Known Member

I started with a merkur 23 long handle, moved to the muhle 89, never really could get my trouble spots smooth but still got great shaves, but then i had to progress, i went in search of a closer more aggressive shave, started with feather blades, ended up not really prefering to use them, never got a closer shave, just razor burn, then I got a muhle r41 and could not stand the razor, it always would catch on the hairs in my trouble spots and cause a lot of pain, that led me to the fattip and Razorock german 37, both of which gave me a great close shave but are only good for 2 shaves a week comfortably. I bought a postwar tech and it sat on my nightstand for months, one day i decided to try it and the rest is history. Ended up getting a decent condition prewar tech and its been providing me with smooth daily shaves. I do believe part of me getting good shaves from the tech is the years of using aggressive razors and developing my technique. At this point I feel i can make most razors and blades work given some time to learn there use.

MR41 likes this.
  12. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

:signs011:

13. rbilly

rbilly Well-Known Member

14. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

IMG_1048.JPG

A BBS from this Gillette Tech on this Durham Duplex handle with a Nacet blade. That said I think I'll be PIFfing it soon; a little too mild for my taste (nearly foolproof). The brush is my Illuminator. :happy005:

gorgo2, brit, AGHisBBS and 1 other person like this.
  15. rbilly

rbilly Well-Known Member

20180505_133051.jpg got a great bbs shave this morning, i work nights so this shave was less then 15 hours after my last shave, normally i can only get bbs if i wait 48 hours between shaves, dfs is the norm and im fine with it, but once in awhile the shaving gods look favorably on me. Very happy with this tech, ordered a second one for 12 bucks to keep in my travel bag, its a canadian one but looks the same. Also have been enjoying the aqua velva as its starting to warm up in my neck of the woods,

brit, AGHisBBS, preidy and 2 others like this.
  16. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

It maybe my imagination, but I think my Canadian gives me a little better shave. That said, I like them both.

MR41 likes this.
  17. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

This combination fits the "mild" category for me.
    aa.JPG

HMan, brit, MR41 and 1 other person like this.
  18. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

CDA74C69-690C-4D09-B07F-20109C899155.jpeg B5EB232F-4A0B-4E35-84E6-9D6C947AE413.jpeg C619C416-0070-4A38-97A2-7D23E807C003.jpeg 3C685FDC-9A28-4779-9382-5E4AA19B983F.jpeg

brit and AGHisBBS like this.
  19. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

MR41 likes this.
  20. rbilly

rbilly Well-Known Member

Now I’m going to have to get a krona, I am really enjoying these mild razors. I have not touched my fat tip grande or slant since I started using my tech. I get equal if not better shaves without any razor burn. I figure I’ll do at least 30 days with the tech before I change anything up. I never thought I could get a bbs shave with so little effort.

MR41, AGHisBBS and Enrico like this.