What was your workout today?

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by ram57, Aug 17, 2015.

1. rmcintyre84

rmcintyre84 Got out of the kitchen

Arc Trainer, intervals, 25 min

2. Christopher Powell

Christopher Powell Well-Known Member

Just ordered my own CAP Super Curl Bar. My gym only has 1 curl bar like this and if it's busy, you aren't going to get it. Since I'm getting back into bodybuilding again, I need to put more focus into my arms, which is why I bought this. It comes with collars, which is really cool. I will post a review after I use it a few times !!!

http://capbarbell.com/cap-barbell-solid-super-curl-bar-with-collars/

KenH and PanChango like this.
  3. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

15 mile mountain bike ride this morning, then a 4 mile dog walk this afternoon.

KenH likes this.
  4. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Got a new phone last weekend (the Note 8), and it's been tracking my steps. Surprised the stuffins out of me that I've averaged 4 miles a day on my feet, and this afternoon, working 3.5 hours at the store, it says I walked the equivalent of 3 miles. Funny how they add up...when I retire (if I ever retire) I'll have to make a point of walking.

PanChango likes this.
  5. Misphit

Misphit Rest In Peace

In honor of Cinco de Mayo my workout consisted of eat taco, drink cerveza, eat burrito, drink tequila, mix up an repeat until full or on the floor.

6. rmcintyre84

rmcintyre84 Got out of the kitchen

Treadmill, 3.1 mph x 40 min. Training to walk my first 5K in 6 years. The Crush Cancer Color 5K.

KenH likes this.
  7. Christopher Powell

Back On The Bodybuilding Kick After about 5 Years !!!

Chest & Triceps

Flat Dumbbell Bench Press: 100/5 and 100/4
    Weighted Dips: 50/10 and 55/8
    Pectoral Fly: 190/8 and 190/8
    Lying Triceps Extensions: 85/10 and 95/8

I haven't done the DB presses or lying triceps ext in years. They felt really good.

KenH likes this.
  8. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Last night I benched 130Kg for 3 doubles, I am inching my way back to the magic (for me) 137.5 (300 lbs for you US types). Hopefully I can get to three triples by the end of October...well that's the plan - time will tell. :)

9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Looks good fella :)

10. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Haven't done curls in years, all I do is squat, bench, deadlift, over head press, dips and pullups. Anything a bit specific is too involved for me :)

11. Christopher Powell

I'm not a fan of curls myself, or any direct arm exercise for that matter. But since my arms are not a responding growth muscle for me, they need some direct work if I have any chance in increasing their size.

12. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Know that feeling mate. :)

13. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

17 minutes on the stationary bike, 3 x10 step-ups each leg, 50 arrows @ 20 yards.

14. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Dug up 7 hedges and replanted a hedge row, all by hand. All between 13:00 and now!

Exhausted.....

KenH and Metro like this.
  15. Christopher Powell

BACK & BICEPS

Weighted Pull Ups...35/6 and 35/5
    1 Arm DB Rows...120/10 and 120/8
    Body Weight Pull Ups...2 sets to failure
    Curl Bar Bicep Curls...85/10 and 95/6

Sick workout today. Back is my favorite body part to train by far. Biceps, not so much. I used my new CAP Curl Bar today for the first time and I love it. The inside and outside angles are more steep than the the gym's curl bar, which for me feels more ergonomically correct. I followed the workout with a shake of 1 scoop of whey protein, 1 tablespoon of peanut butter, and 1/2 cup of oats. I followed that up 2 hours later with half a rotisserie chicken, the other half 3 hours after that, and I have a nighttime shake ready to go before bed. TIME TO GROW !!!

KenH likes this.
  16. Christopher Powell

SHOULDERS & TRAPS

Standing Shoulder Press: 105/8...115/6...115/5
    1 Arm Side Laterals: 35/10...35/8
    Barbell Shrugs (behind back): 225/25...245/20...245/15

Another great workout today. I used my new CAP curl bar again today, this time for standing shoulder presses. Wow, they feel great! The hand positions on this bar feel very ergonomically correct. I also do barbell shrugs behind my back. This way just always felt better to me than in front. TRAIN HEAVY, EAT CLEAN, GROW !!!

KenH likes this.
  17. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Deadlift 80x8,100x5,120x3,140x3,160x3,182.5 x3.
    Pull downs (narrow grip) 80x5x5
    Pull ups unweighted. 1 set of 16.
    Time to rest.

Post workout nutrition is 3 choc chip cookies and 2 Oreos. I did ride 75 miles yesterday so biccies are allowed :)

Last edited: May 14, 2018
  18. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Hell of a routine fella. !

19. Christopher Powell

Thanks. I expect the shoulder press numbers to rise quickly. This was the first time in years I used a barbell instead of dumbbells for this exercise. Once my body gets used to the movement, I'll be doing 135 before you know it !!!

20. Warp47

Warp47 New Member

Had no time to go to the gym. Just ran on the treadmill today.