Show me your Scuttles

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by LSUfanBR, May 30, 2018.

Tags:
  1. LSUfanBR

LSUfanBR Well-Known Member

I just wanted to see everyone's favorites and ask a question. I recently ordered a Georgetown Pottery G20 second and was shipped a G12 second instead. I will say it is a well-made scuttle and I sure cant see the imperfections in it. I'm tempted to just keep it and tell them not to worry about it. I'm really not worried about the 5 buck difference. However I wanted the G20 because it was an inch taller and held more water, but as someone who does a one pass cartridge shave would I really need the G20 even though it supposedly holds heat longer?

g12.jpg

KUSTOM, Jorvaljr, Jim99 and 5 others like this.
  2. cliffb599

cliffb599 Well-Known Member

I had a G20 the G12 is better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim99 and LSUfanBR like this.
  3. LSUfanBR

I'm starting to think it's a good thing I got the G12 by accident. It seems like if the inner lathering bowl was any taller, even just a quarter of an inch like the G20, my brush handles might hit the sides of it.

cliffb599 likes this.
  4. cliffb599

Trust me you will love it. George Town Pottery makes great scuttles.

LSUfanBR likes this.
  5. LSUfanBR

I'm sure it will be much nicer than my cheap plastic bowl. It looks much nicer too!

Keithmax likes this.
  6. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

GAWD!!!!! A Baton Rouge Cart guy. What is this place coming to. Just let anyone in...:prrr:

I have a Dirty Bird 1.5 myself. I will get a picture after I get home from work. :transport015::signs136:

RyX, Jim99, Frijolero and 1 other person like this.
  7. LSUfanBR

Georgetown Pottery customer service is excellent. I told them not to worry about the scuttle mix-up of sending the G12 Second instead of the G20 Second and to keep the 5 buck difference. They told me to send them a pic of the scuttle. I did and informed them that I would rather keep the G12 as the depth of the lathering bowl seemed perfect for my brush knots. They credited my 5 bucks anyway and informed me they were "sending me a little something extra out today for my awesomeness." I cant wait to find out what it is.

Frijolero, RyX, wchnu and 3 others like this.
  8. LSUfanBR

I almost ordered the Dirty Bird 1.5. It looks like a beast!

RyX likes this.
  9. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

IMG_0192.JPG
    It's an old pic. I don't really use them, but looking to get a Timeless shaving bowl.

brit, Frijolero, AlDm and 2 others like this.
  10. sincity

sincity Member

Scuttle.jpg
    These are the ones I had made from a local pottery.

KUSTOM, brit, Frijolero and 5 others like this.
  11. cliffb599

That’s what I’m kinda looking for.
    A two pice scuttle. Them are nice.

RyX and sincity like this.
  12. sincity

sincity Member

It was her first time making a scuttle, so she made a few of each part. She said she wouldn`t make more of them, so I could take it all ;)

RyX likes this.
  13. AlDm

AlDm Well-Known Member

Enrico. An excellent mug for preparation of foam! Such form I represented a mug for preparation of foam. Super. On your photo I have seen, that such mugs already for a long time have been made. At a mug on your photo, it is visible, that the top edge already, than the basic internal diameter. This decision does not let out foam too much.
    I was occurred with idea which did not give rest). I have bought a mug - a cup for soup (ceramics) and have put automobile hermetic))). Here, that has turned out))).
    H11.jpg H22.jpg H33.jpg H44.jpg H66.jpg

Enrico. отличная кружка для приготовления пены! Именно такой формы я представлял кружку для приготовления пены. Супер. На твоём фото я увидел, что такие кружки уже давно были изготовлены. У кружке на вашем фото, видно, что верхний край уже, чем основной внутренний диаметр. Это решение не выпускает пену через край.
    Мне пришла в голову идея, которая не давала покоя). Я купил кружку - чашку для супа ( керамика) и нанёс автомобильный герметик))). Вот, что получилось ))).

Frijolero, LSUfanBR, RyX and 2 others like this.
  14. cliffb599

Love this little scuttle. [​IMG][​IMG]
    Got it a couple months ago. Searched for over a year for one.

brit, Frijolero, RyX and 3 others like this.
  15. AlDm

AlDm Well-Known Member

This Skuttle is laconic, rational and beautiful. Magnificent Skuttle.

Этот Skuttle лаконичен, рационален и красив. Великолепный Skuttle.

RyX likes this.
  16. LSUfanBR

I used my G12 for the first time last night. The warm lather was nice!

Enrico likes this.
  17. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

A friend of mine gave it to me awhile back. I should use it more. I face lather though. Thinking about getting a brush scuttle.
    Here is my dirtybird 1.5
    20180602_032927.jpg 20180602_032948.jpg

18. LSUfanBR

Last week Georgetown Pottery accidentally sent me a G12 scuttle instead of the G20 that I ordered. I sent them an email to inform them after it was after closing time when I called to tell them. However after seeing the size of the G12 I decided to keep it and emailed back telling them that I would just keep the G12. They replied and told me they would credit the 5 dollar difference and send me something a little extra. They ended up sending me a complimentary lid for G12. I'm very impressed with the G12 so far and with Georgetown Pottery's customer service.

[​IMG]

RyX, wchnu, Brickman301 and 2 others like this.
  19. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Looks nice.

LSUfanBR likes this.