PAA Cold Spices is about as close to the original as I've smelled.

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Tim Spencer, Jun 2, 2018.

1. Tim Spencer

Tim Spencer Well-Known Member

Hey all,

I just got a bunch of samples from PAA. All were good except Organism 46-b, which I didn't like.

When I curiously smelled the vial of Cold Spices I couldn't believe it. It's Old Spice. It's closer to Shulton than the modern "Classic" Proctor and Gamble scent. Yeah, I said it. PAA's Cold Spices is closer to Shulton than the stuff P&G sells in stores today. Weird, but, IMO, it is. The only difference is that PAA's stuff has a kind of 'new' aspect to the scent that is the ever so very slight difference and that could be the 'age' of the Shulton stuff I've smelled. I think PAA's Cold Spices smelled very, very, very close to my small vial of bottle of Early American Old Spice. The first Shulton scent, but the original Shulton one has an ever so glint of 'elegance' to the fragrance. I only use Early American Old Spice on rare special occasions.

I am considering buying PAA's Cold Spices when I run out of the Indian Old Spice shave cream tubes in the future and using it with my Proctor & Gamble Old Spice.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
    RyX, Keithmax, Enrico and 1 other person like this.
  2. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Hmmm why not buy it now? .. remember what happened to 11235? ...

Keithmax likes this.
  3. Tim Spencer

Yeah. I luckily found 1, just one tub of 11235 from a link someone gave in the other thread. Anything after that will need to be a custom soap. I will try to stretch out the soap as far as I can. I was over-loading the soap the entire time. Once I figured out it was no longer made I tested how few swirls I could do in the tub to load the brush with enough soap for a shave and it's like 4 or 5 swirls. The PAA soaps are pretty soft and super easy to load and blow up lots of lather, so I think the soap I have now will last many years.

Cold Spices is great stuff. I will likely order some soon. You're right. PAA tends to change when the whim strikes Doug Smythe it seems.

4. Badgerstate

Badgerstate Well-Known Member

I've got a tub of Cold Spices and it's the closest thing to Old Spice that I've ever found. Good to know that it's pretty close to the original too.

RyX and Tim Spencer like this.
  5. Tim Spencer

Yeah. I have the original, original Early American Old Spice and it's in mint condition and smells perfectly preserved.

I ordered the Cold Spices shave soap and aftershave set to go with the Early American Old Spice vintage fragrance.

[​IMG]

CarlfromMO likes this.