The Clubman Exchange

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Paul Turner, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I decided that to be fair to Doc Ezlovan of Stoylin fame, I wanted to get a Clubman thing going. Recently, there's been a lot of discussion about Clubman happening right in The Stirling Exchange(Shave Soaps). I take full responsibility for this as I somehow got us going by describing how a lady in my local supermarket was, shall I say, seeing if I "passed the smell test" with the Clubman I had on. She gave it in A. No further details here, but poor Doc Ezlovan had to get the full story from a thread dedicated to Stoylin. He later said he didn't mind the "change of scene", but I did. Not that I didn't mind talkinabout the details in TSE, but I think Clubman deserves its own Exchange thread. Here we go!!!

battle.munky, brit, AGHisBBS and 4 others like this.
  2. Latherin’ Luddite

Latherin’ Luddite Well-Known Member

Well done Paul.

I’m a satisfied Clubman user...........even if nobody around me loves it like I do.:happy088:

battle.munky and Paul Turner like this.
  3. Paul Turner

Congratulations for being the first commentator in here. Nice job of "commentating" (lol). I've loved it since being a teen-ager.

Latherin’ Luddite likes this.
  4. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

It's on my shelf. Love all things Pinaud.

5. jeraldgordon

jeraldgordon TSD's Mascot

Use regularly -Special Reserve is my weekend scent!

6. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

In great honor of Paul's fearlessly flirting with the Clubman Lady at the market, then shamelessly leaking the scoop as Rod was doing his occasional drive by of the Stirling Fan club.....We salute the Clubman Exchange!

Tomorrow, the Max Headroom mug will get a generous dousing of perhaps The Original Glorious Stank. I must say that it does provide the most unique face feel of the aftershaves I use.

I shall refrain from heading out to see the 'supermarket babes' out of my dedication to The Lovely Mrs Headroom.

:whacky025:

7. Paul Turner

Not a bad idea, Mr. Maxwell H. Room. (some call him Mr. Cawtuh)

battle.munky and Edison Carter like this.
  8. RyX

RyX DoH!

Love me some Clubman.
    Can't get much more classic Barbershop.
    E.P. did a real good job!

9. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

@Paul Turner I just got wind of the Clubman thread. :)

My Cluman has been carefully decanted into a Frank's RedHot Sauce glass bottle. It's only a few ounces, but its a lifetime supply for me.

Let's hear more about the lady in the supermarket. I envision romance in the midst of fruits and vegetables...

10. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

My first Clubman was Original, which I like and still use.
    Next was Special Reserve, which to me was pretty bad and I've never used it again.
    Then there is Virgin Island Bay Rum, I LOVE that one, just wish is was easier to find locally.
    I've enjoyed my time with the Veg also, but I won't get it again.
    The only one left to try is Vanilla.

All of my Clubman's have also been decanted into glass bottles of one kind or another. :)

11. Paul Turner

I was wondering where you were when I was talkinabout this. Did you get caught up from other ;posts? I guess for that day you could KIND OF call me a chick magnet, but the slight difference is that I wasn't sure what was happening in the first place until her olfactory bulbs began working. Chick magnets KNOW what's happening right at the beginning! (Let me add something to that....they know, but pretend to not make it a big deal, at first).

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
  12. Paul Turner

I can foresee some good use of the S.R., with various soaps this fall&winter.

Edison Carter and RyX like this.
  13. Paul Turner

That Country Club shampoo is excellent. I stil have another bottle after the current one ends....won't need to order more for a looooong time.

brit, AGHisBBS and Edison Carter like this.
  14. Paul Turner

I guess there is that fishy little detail about Pinaud Clubman not being official until 1830. ED was born in 1810-not Clubman itself. That is, unless he began working on his idea from his crib office (chuk yuk yuk). But he developed a wonderful product that I think will still be going strong well past its 200th anniversary in 2030.

AGHisBBS, Edison Carter and RyX like this.
  15. Paul Turner

It hasn't been on my mind to be a "decanter". My aftershaves stay where they are.

RyX, AGHisBBS and Edison Carter like this.
  16. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

Happy user of Clubman original and VIBR.

Paul Turner, RyX and Edison Carter like this.
  17. Paul Turner

I think they need to cut back on the clove((VIBR). Never tried it, but my understanding is there's a lot of it in there.

Edison Carter likes this.
  18. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

It's very clove forward when you first put it on, but in a few minutes it backs off and gets really spicy. No baked ham flavorings here.

RyX and Edison Carter like this.
  19. Paul Turner

ohhh...interesting.

Edison Carter and AGHisBBS like this.
  20. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Hello Paul. I hope all is well with you. My Bride and I just returned from a trip, and now we're involved in some family stuff. It's a pretty busy time, but I hope to be around more steadily in the next few weeks. In the meantime, please send me an invitation to the wedding! May I suggest that you serve stinky tofu at the reception to go along with the Clubman theme? :)