So, how long has it been, since you stopped using Cartridge Razors?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by DaltonGang, Jun 1, 2018.

1. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

This is going in circles as usual. One day you might under stand what we are talking about.

Bama Samurai likes this.
  2. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Not at all. Bakelite razors are great. I wish they had some in SE.

gorgo2 and Enrico like this.
  3. TobyC

TobyC Well-Known Member

But you do plow the cotton plant under after you get the cotton.

I'm not a vegetarian, so I really don't care.

Lousy pick??? A leather belt will last a lot longer than a burger, I think it would be a wise choice!

4. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Considering I used to shave about every 5 days, I was able to get a super-BBS shave with the five-bladed gizmo. I got suckered (;)) into our hobby by the Micro-Touch advertisement. I had NO idea what I was getting into. :happy102:

5. Primotenore

Article Team
    That is NOT necessarily true for all vegetarians.

Frijolero, Enrico and TobyC like this.
  6. Primotenore

Article Team
    You sound like MacGyver. :)

7. TobyC

TobyC Well-Known Member

I do understand, that's the part that you fellas don't understand!

You're making a stand on a single issue, ya gotta see the whole picture.

8. brit

brit in a box

used carts for around 35 years.started using a brush and williams around 2005. i bought a fatboy for my auto shop display case and decided to try it out. around august 2016 i started collecting british gillettes and haven t looked back.for me it ended ingrown hairs and irritation.love my vintage gillettes and schick e types.short handles,reusing something old and proven.good enough for me. may try others later ....long handle carts always looked like leg shavers to me. i remember using bic disposables for a time....in my younger years ,trac 2s and mach 3s. never used a 5 blade .looked ridiculous .

Keithmax and DaltonGang like this.
  9. T_I

T_I Active Member

That was for the emperical system, instead of metric. Ah well, at least the bolts turn the right way, that's at least something.

Nah, jyst pick the burger while loosening the leather belt a notch. That's perfect.

For those that are vegetarian by chose, mostly true.
    Some that are brought up vegetarian and can't keep meat down, I had a class mate at college like that, are forced vegetarians and then it's mostly not true.

Keithmax likes this.
  10. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I bet ole MacG shaves with a AutoStrop!

11. Badgerstate

Badgerstate Well-Known Member

Its becoming easier and easier, especially now with drug stores stocking DE blades. I pack a cart when I fly simply because its easier. Im pretty sure that if we were on vacation someone and I told my wife that we needed to make a stop in Walgreens or CVS to buy razor blades, the eye rolls would last the rest of the trip. LOL

brit, Keithmax, Frijolero and 2 others like this.
  12. kfbrady

kfbrady Well-Known Member

I too pack a disposable when I travel. I usually keep a few BICs or Gillettes around and in a pinch I'll take a new one from my wife's stash.

I'm (just) secure enough that a pink disposable doesn't bother me! :)

[​IMG]

gorgo2, brit, Primotenore and 4 others like this.
  13. Vlasta

Vlasta Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    Approximately 17 months.

brit, Primotenore, Enrico and 3 others like this.
  14. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

I migrated over from cart shavers about eight years ago or so to a vintage DE.
    Never looked back. I don’t miss the years of chronic Cart post-shave discomfort and irritation.
    I’ve since migrated over to SRs and occasionally have a DE shave.

brit, Primotenore, Keithmax and 2 others like this.
  15. Joe Nobles

Joe Nobles Well-Known Member

January 1st, 2018 was the last day I used a cart. Funny thing about that is that the last cartridge system razor I used was from Harry's and for a cartridge they aren't too bad. I had switched to them about 3 years ago in an effort to cut down on the expense of shaving, and when I switched that was the first time in my shaving life (started shaving in 1978) that a blade not made by Gillette touched my face. The very first razor I ever used was the Gillette Atra which I remember as being an okay shaver, then I got sucked into the vortex when the "new and improved" pushed the Atra off the shelves, and so it went on from there and so did the expense!

Now that I am an avid DE user I gravitate to the Gillette shavers but like the blades from Mostochlegmash better than from Gillette (Russia) though I have yet to try Gillette blades made elsewhere.

So in the words of the late Jerry Garcia, "what a long strange trip it's been!"

16. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

My last cart shave was 12/24/14. I got my first DE razor for Christmas that year and haven’t looked back. I mainly use straights today.

17. Primotenore

Article Team
    I still grab my wife's Trac II to shave the back of my neck in the shower. Please don't tell her.

18. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Could be worse. :D

Frijolero and Primotenore like this.
  19. Joe Nobles

Joe Nobles Well-Known Member

@Primotenore, Dude, dude man you gotta keep that on the down low man! (spoken with my best "Cheech" Marin impersonation).

20. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

You are NOT required to share everything you know.