Displaying razors

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Michael W, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Michael W

Michael W Active Member

Hey guys, post pictures of your collections (displays) or threads with examples of how to do a decent display. I’m stuck with shoving them in the towel closet for now and need ideas.

Here is my awesomely messy display / storage

Thanks!

C62B6ED7-895B-4411-B6A0-B9C6F9CB9B60.jpeg

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
    brit, jimjo1031, 178-bplatoon and 3 others like this.
  2. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Have you used one of these yet :signs002:

3. Michael W

Michael W Active Member

Im not sure I get what your saying.
    Search engine?
    Forum?
    Razors? None of the newest purchases but all the older ones I used allot. Mainly the Gillette non adjustable as my main and a Gem.
    In the picture all the stuff on the left I used, the right is all the new (old) stuff to be used

Primotenore likes this.
  4. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Do you use the razors on a regular basis?

5. Michael W

Michael W Active Member

Right now no, year old beard still growing. When I do start back (soon hopefully) maybe 25% of the razors will be in the rotation and others like the Gem's (real old) will be from time to time.
    Im a visual person though, I like to see my stuff lol. I thought about the Gillette display cases I see on ebay all the time, or making a shelf for the bathroom for the soaps, splashes, sprays and razors.
    Not sure though.

brit and gorgo2 like this.
  6. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I heard you. I'm on beard week 3 and packing to move to Florida, so all I have out is a cheap cart to keep the lower neck clean, and a can o'foam. Everything else is stowed.

7. Primotenore

Article Team
    I don't know why, but I thought you were sporting a full beard and haven't shaved in over a year. My bad.

AGHisBBS and Michael W like this.
  8. Michael W

Michael W Active Member

Florida Sunshine! Only been there twice, had a blast both times. Safe travels brother.

gorgo2 likes this.
  9. Michael W

Michael W Active Member

You are correct, I am. I stopped shaving a year ago but I think its time... or close... Its more work keeping a beard in some sort of order than shaving.. this thing has a mind of its own, wax and oils dont help lol. The one good thing is people are nicer to me. I think they think Im homeless and could snap at any second, so I get the door held open for me and everyone says hi with a smile... Strange, I will miss that.

PickledNorthern likes this.
  10. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

My “den is an oversized mirror/medicine cabinet. My razors hang on belt holders that I bought at Home Depot for about $8 each in the closet section.
    01A4194B-81D5-45EF-990C-A2EC212F0A98.jpeg

11. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

Randy, I don't think I've seen a picture of your den before. I just added that to the list of "Show my wife to make my hoard seem not so bad" pictures. Much more organized than mine.

12. Michael W

Michael W Active Member

Oh wow, that looks like a store :) Amazing stock! Belt holder at Home Depot, perfect.

I see 1 or 65 things I would like :)

Jim99 and BaylorGator like this.
  13. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

Wow!

14. Primotenore

Article Team
    :smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect:
    :smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect:

15. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

I’m here to help, Adam. By the way, disorganization can be your friend if it disguises how much you’ve accumulated. Oh, and I used your pictures of the aftermath of fingershaver 1.0 when first starting to shave with a straight to justify that the cuts on my face weren’t that bad. My wife didn’t say it, but I’m pretty sure her takeaway was that my online shave buddies were idiots just like me. My guess is your wife will respond similarly.

I know. I have issues... If it helps, a lot of the silver ones up top are Stirling samples (1 oz), not full tubs.

Like I said, issues.

16. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

I'm dizzy... Way too much stuff for me. Here's an old pic of mine.

Herm
    [​IMG]

17. Michael W

Michael W Active Member

Nice! Im liking the shallow shelves on both. It looks like the perfect depth for soaps and razors laying down in the cases too. The towel closet shelves are too deep, so it gets piled up to bad. I may hit home depot and see what they have for bath cabinets.

PickledNorthern and Herm2502 like this.
  18. Michael W

Michael W Active Member

Maybe something like this. I'm thinking maybe the wood door one, then I can put the doors in my printer and print something saving related on it in one big mural. The glass one would be cool too, more of a display I guess.
    Oh if I can find a plain glass cabinet I could etch the vintage logo into it like the Barbicide glass......
    white-elegant-home-fashions-bathroom-wall-cabinets-9hd930-64_400_compressed.jpg white-glacier-bay-bathroom-wall-cabinets-ttdm-wh-64_400_compressed.jpg

19. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
  20. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Vintage spice racks found at yard sales, are your best bet.

PickledNorthern likes this.