Gillette Adjustable Friday ; Toggles, Fat Boys, Slims, and Black Beauties welcome!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by RyX, Dec 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

2. rbilly

rbilly Well-Known Member

20180618_132424.jpg new addition, picked it up on ebay, the description was a little vague which i have found with adjustables usually means the silo doors work but the adjuster is jammed, i think a few people were weary as it had a lot watching it. But it works fine, looks new no scratches even the paint on the numbers is there and intact. Looks like it has had little use.

Jayaruh, jimjo1031, T_I and 6 others like this.
  3. Michael W

Michael W Active Member

I noticed that also, and the pictures allot of times the razors dont look very good but then you get it and it looks new. Close up pictures I guess show every little imperfection.

RyX likes this.
  4. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Beautiful...for a twist the knob double sided thingie....

Dansco, brit, RyX and 1 other person like this.
  5. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Quit Trolling these guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dansco and RyX like this.
  6. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Hey hey hey....I will have you know I go slumming and post in here pretty regular.....

Dansco, RyX and twhite like this.
  7. rbilly

rbilly Well-Known Member

Lol, thanks, i have been on the fence about getting one of those prehistoric single edge things, i have a schick injector, but have yet to get a good shave, but it has not got a fair chance yet. i have seen a few single blade razors cheap, but im a bit hesitant as se blades seem very limited, but knowing me i will give one a shot, at the moment im really enjoying my adjustables and prewar tech.

RyX and twhite like this.
  8. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Blades are limited because there is no need for a bunch of different ones. Small hijack.....which injector do you have?

RyX and twhite like this.
  9. rbilly

rbilly Well-Known Member

i have a schick g1 and the chinese blades for it. My mom came down to visit and she had a superspeed and the schick she picked up at a yard sale. It sat in my closet for 2 years before i tried it out.

RyX likes this.
  10. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Very nice. The G1 is great. I use plain ole personna blades most of the time.

RyX likes this.
  11. rbilly

rbilly Well-Known Member

Had my first use of the slim, it felt the same as my super 109, gave a really good shave on 6. I think i prefere the shorter handle of the slim. Now i try to avoid hoarding things so i have to decide whether i want to try a fatboy, they seem to be very expensive, i have an r41 and 38hd i need to get rid of first lol.

jimjo1031 and RyX like this.
  12. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

If you try a fatboy do it because of what it is. The shave will not be better. I got rid of mine many moons ago.

Dansco and Frijolero like this.
  13. rbilly

rbilly Well-Known Member

For sure, i have traded and sold away many razors that worked fine, i can make most razors shave fine, the only thing that really changes things are the handle length for my taste. Thats why im on the fence with a fatboy, i paid 25 bucks for both my adjustables and the fatboys all seem to be triple that. I will probably use the make an offer button on ebay, both my slim and SA were over 30 and the seller took 25. The antique stores in my area have a few people who make the rounds daily looking for razors, so not really much of a chance to find them in the wild here.

Frijolero and RyX like this.
  14. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

"The love of possession is a disease with them"
    -- Sitting Bull (1877) on Fatboy chasers. True story.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
    Frijolero, RyX and rbilly like this.
  15. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Yea they are up there. If you have a short handle SA you will probably not find much difference inthe Fatboy. Maybe heaver???
    I want that in a tshirt and bumper sticker.

Frijolero, RyX and jmudrick like this.
  16. kfbrady

kfbrady Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

N2 (1968) Slim with a new Feather.

What's not to like?

Jayaruh, brit, Frijolero and 3 others like this.
  17. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Gillette Aristocrat Adjustable Razor
    Treet Carbon Black Beauty Blade
    JR #236/30mm Tuxedo Brush
    Klar Shave Soap
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel
    Aqua Velva Musk After Shave

Untitled.jpg

18. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

I was wondering if anybody here was the lucky winner. I was following it to see how it would end. Somebody got a good price.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

brit, Jayaruh, RyX and 1 other person like this.
  19. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Wow, no way!

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

jimjo1031 likes this.
  20. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Damn, real cheap...................

Linuxguile likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.