The ΑΛΦΑ T-400 Pass-Around Thread

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Vlasta, Jun 28, 2018.

1. Vlasta

Vlasta Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    Hi,

Note: established members only with minimum 50 posts. Active in the group for 6 months or more

I have been working on a new rendition of the famed Rubberset 400 brush. I have come up with a new version and would like to start a Pass Around so we can all try it out. So - I will donate a brand new T-400 with a horsehair, a boar and a badger knot and lets see how people like it. Some photos below.

The Pass Around will start in about 4 weeks from now.

1. @DaltonGang
    2. @mrchick

Rules of the game:-

1. You can keep the brush for 10 days maximum but please pass it on as soon as you are done
    2. You must shave with the horse knot, the boar knot and the badger knot at least once during that time unless you are allergic to any one of them in which case you get a pass!!
    3. You must post a picture and or SOTD with the brush
    4. You can feedback any comments you may have to this thread or to me by PM
    5. Once you have had the brush for 10 days then please mail it onto the next person in the Pass Around. Please use some form of tracked or registered mailing service. The cheapest you can - USPS or whatever
    6. Once the brush has reached the USA I think it best to keep it as a USA & Canada based Pass
    7. The brush must be cleaned thoroughly before passing on using either a barbicide or a shampoo and conditioner
    8. The brush must be DRY before packing and not packed in a plastic bag. I usually rub mine gently on a towel and the dry it in the sunshine or in a place with a nice breeze
    9. I will supply a small wooden box - please use this to pass around and if you can add a desiccant pack.
    10. Contact me by PM to be included in the pass Around
    The brush:
    • Material is 6063 Aluminium. This is an architectural/furniture grade and is alloyed with silicon and magnesium. Very god corrosion resistance
    • Threading for the ferrule is M26*1
    • The handle is solid and having had it in my hands for a day or so now I think I am going to keep it solid. The material is light. My opinion is that at about 4 ounces (100 gr.) it is not heavy at all.
    • The finish is a simple anodisation - a nice soft sheen as you can see from the photos
    • Hand feel - superb and smooth
    • Size - a nice hand size - my hands are average size and the brush fits comfortably in my hand
    • Ferrules - the ferrule is a separate part as you can see - the Pass Around brush will have one boar, one badger and one horse knot to try
    The Photos:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
    Tdmsu, Paul76, Keithmax and 2 others like this.
  2. kfbrady

kfbrady Well-Known Member

I'm not in - I'm in the middle of a major house move - but it looks terrific!

3. Vlasta

Vlasta Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    I can put you in at the end if you like.

4. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I'm in, for the CONUS portion. I have a couple of 400 copies to compare it to.

5. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Count me in for the CONUS. Thanks

6. RyX

RyX DoH!

On Rule #6 - crossing the Canadian / U. S. border means Customs. That can add both time and money. I'd suggest minimizing those issues by separating the list into North /South of the border. Depending on the number of folks who are interested, might arrange a path with less back and forth, too.

Tapatalk Via Kyocera

Tdmsu likes this.
  7. Vlasta

Vlasta Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    Good idea.

8. Vlasta

Vlasta Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
  9. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

PM sent

10. Vlasta

Vlasta Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    Only two?

11. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

The only two that count. :eatdrink047:

mrchick, Paul76 and Vlasta like this.
  12. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

I’m in, please put me in the East Asia round.

mrchick likes this.
  13. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Interesting all participants are dark siders :signs002:

mrchick likes this.
  14. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

Their missing out. You made a great brush.

15. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Nicely done. That is a great looking brush.

Not in as I never was able to develop a taste for horse hair. Some of it is probably in my head as I am allergic to horses...

mrchick likes this.
  16. Paul76

Paul76 Well-Known Member

I’m in! I have a rubberset 400 on the way and it’s going to need a knot, and this would help me decide what to go with. This is a great idea and thank you @Vlasta and yes another darksider.

Vlasta and mrchick like this.
  17. Vlasta

Vlasta Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    There are two other knots to try.

mrchick, Paul76 and PanChango like this.
  18. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Obviously I cannot read very well. :)

It is still a beautiful brush and you should be commended on producing it and doing the pass around. Nicely done.

mrchick likes this.
  19. Vlasta

Vlasta Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    Anyone?

20. BearCWY

BearCWY Well-Known Member

Count me in!

Vlasta and RyX like this.