Mild Shavers Thread-Techs,TTOs,Anything mild!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by MR41, Mar 4, 2018.

?

Do you consider a Gillette Red Tip mild?

1. Yes

2. No

3. It Depends on the day

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I think it came down to saving money... Smaller handles mean less brass and a 4 piece also would have cost in tooling and materials.
    Four piece razors are cool and I have a hard time passing them up.

brit, AGHisBBS and Edison Carter like this.
  2. Badgerstate

Badgerstate Well-Known Member

I decided to give the Baili another go with a Feather blade and it gave a pretty good shave. I dont know if its just a matter of me getting used to it or the fact that mild razors do better for me with more aggressive blades (the Baili blades it came with arent the sharpest DE blades in the world).

AGHisBBS and Enrico like this.
  3. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Which Baili? The aka Razorock Tek II version with the covered tabs, the earlier British Tech clone, or the TTO? I do tend to use sharp blades (BIC mostly).

AGHisBBS and Enrico like this.
  4. Badgerstate

I believe its the one they call the, "Victory Shaver". Its the same as the Viking's Blade Chieftan. Its the 3-piece with the mostly smooth handle. Ive got all 3: the TTO, the 3-piece with a Tech style head that looks like a TTO and the Victory Shaver.
    I figured that I would try a Feather in it because if it cant give a good shave with a Feather, it cant give a good shave. Like I said, it gave me a good, BBS shave, with a little irritation that is common with a new Feather.

MR41 likes this.
  5. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Chieftain is a TTO. I presume you mean the Godfather which is the more recent covered blade tabs Baily head. The old Brit Tech head copy with exposed tabs was sold as the Victory. It gets confusing because Baily gives every handle and finish a different model designation.

MR41 likes this.
  6. Badgerstate

Yup, Godfather. I like the weight of it and it works well with Feathers. It's kind of weird in that it doesn't give you a ton of feedback, almost to where it doesn't feel like it's cutting. When I did my ATG pass on my neck, the blade wasn't singing, so I thought it wasn't cutting but then I rubbed the skin and it was BBS. I'm not sure if it's because it covers the tabs that it holds the blade more securely that the blade doesn't sing or what.

MR41 likes this.
  7. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

8. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

SOTD July 9th
    [​IMG]

Gillette English Flat Bottom Tech
    Gillette Platinum Plus
    Yaqi Mysterious Space (24mm Finest Fan, Frigate Class)
    Route 66 Cranberry Citrus
    Stirling Glacial Satsuma AS Splash

Primotenore, brit, MR41 and 3 others like this.
  9. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

10. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

SOTD July 11th
    [​IMG]

Stirling Mentholated Pre-Shave Soap
    Gillette English Flat Bottom Tech
    Gillette Platinum Plus(2)
    Ever-Ready H40
    Cella of Hagen Street
    Baxter of California Shave Tonic and ASB

Another shave with the EFB Tech

Primotenore, brit, AGHisBBS and 3 others like this.
  11. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

12. I just wanted to stop by and say I love Super Speeds. I have (I think) five of them.

brit, Enrico, Linuxguile and 2 others like this.
  13. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Just wait until you realize how much variation there is in design and shaves with SS's and decide you have to buy them all to try them out at least once. You are well on your way if you have 5 already.

Linuxguile likes this.
  14. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

Here here! For my money a Weishi 9306 is a modern super speed. I’m a big fan.

Suburban Shaver likes this.
  15. brit

brit in a box

nice razors .

Linuxguile likes this.
  16. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

9E36C2F3-3A22-49B8-B37E-8A9F7161DCBB.jpeg
    You know I think my red tip is smoother than my Baili.

brit, Primotenore, Linuxguile and 2 others like this.
  17. Yes, my wallet knows. I have a TV Special on the way.

Enrico likes this.
  18. kfbrady

kfbrady Well-Known Member

Just four more to go then!

[​IMG]

Or six if you also include the '47 Super Speed with no blade notch and the '54 TV Special (although the only difference was the case).

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
    brit, Primotenore, MR41 and 2 others like this.
  19. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

But I don't see the English and there is a difference. I only ones I haven't tried is the Black tip and Blue tip, but I'm a fan of all SS.

brit, MR41, Linuxguile and 1 other person like this.
  20. I have a British Rocket HD also. Basically the Brit version of the Super Speed. Damn nice razor.