The ΑΛΦΑ [Alpha} T-400 - My Prototype Rubberset Tribute

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Vlasta, Apr 25, 2018.

1. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Set the rules in the beginning. Usually I require members to be around 6-9 months, with a minimum amount of posts, living in th USA. Not just posts in giveaways. Then, it's first come, first on the list. Keep a running list on the first post of the thread, in Order. Also, post cleaning requirements, insurance, and listing tracking numbers on the thread, or giving it in a PM to you.

Vlasta and RyX like this.
  2. Vlasta

Vlasta Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    Very good point.

RyX likes this.
  3. Vlasta

Vlasta Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
  4. AlDm

AlDm Well-Known Member

Good afternoon Lady and Gentlemen! Has passed the small period of using a brush. Now I am ready to describe the using this brush.
    At once, I have been a little shaken by the sizes of a brush. As before occurrence Rubberset Copy
    , I could use brushes with smaller units and the handle. I with greater interest have examined a brush, have felt it ' power '.
    1.jpg
    In my palm (enough large), the brush was located with greater convenience to using.
    2.jpg

3.jpg

Primotenore, Vlasta and RyX like this.
  5. AlDm

AlDm Well-Known Member

After survey of the handle of a brush which is made ideally, I have examined Knot. Knot is executed perfectly. Density of stuffing optimum, a brush not soft, but also not rigid. Quality of assembly Knot very high. The bristle is not crumbled, does not drop out of unit. I had trouble of purchase of a brush for shaving on auction. The unit from a badger constantly lost hair. I think, that business not in strengthening a bristle, and as the bristle. To unit I put the highest assessment. It is sound unit.
    4.jpg 5.jpg

6. AlDm

AlDm Well-Known Member

As means for shaving which I shall shake up by means of a brush for shaving, shaving cream Edge has been chosen. It is a cream of manufacture of India for the USSR, in the end of 80 years of the last century. Despite of the age the cream was perfectly kept and allows the use of it in rare cases.
    The brush has perfectly carried out the problem and has shaken up excellent foam.
    Yes, for such unit the cup of the appropriating size is necessary.
    On the person as a brush to work very conveniently. A bristle of a badger leave the most positive emotions.
    6.jpg 7.jpg

7. AlDm

AlDm Well-Known Member

I had a shave 2 passages a little more))). Still more a few, it was possible and to not shave. But the touch of a brush was so pleasant, that there was a desire to work as a still more a few))). It is an excellent brush!
    8.jpg

Vlasta, DaltonGang and RyX like this.
  8. Vlasta

Vlasta Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    Superb reviews!!

9. Vlasta

Vlasta Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    Please do as many reviews on the Russian shaving forums as you can. Tell your friends not to worry I can get some translation from Russian language and postage too is not crazy - about $10 postage cost.

10. Heljestrand23

Heljestrand23 Well-Known Member

What is the shaving cream you are using?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vlasta likes this.
  11. AlDm

AlDm Well-Known Member

It is shaving cream EDGE. Now it is possible to meet only in cylinders. An original cream 80 - 90 years. An inscription in Russian. This version was issued by India for the USSR.

Это крем для бритья EDGE. В настоящее время можно встретить только в баллонах. Оригинальный крем 80 - 90 годов. Надпись на русском. Этот вариант выпускался Индией для СССР.

RyX and Vlasta like this.
  12. Vlasta

Vlasta Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    About 100 gr.

13. Vlasta

Vlasta Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    I am a vendor now!!!

14. Vlasta

Vlasta Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
  15. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Awesome! Best of luck with your brush! I am keeping an eye on it!

16. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Very nice review.

Vlasta and AlDm like this.
  17. Vlasta

Vlasta Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    Hi Guys,

a little update on the T-400. I want to give you an update on the production of the first batch so you don’t think it has all gone quiet for no reason.

1. All of the knots are ordered from my knot supplier and he is having them made as I type. As these are made to order they do take a little time. I placed my order on Friday 6th and he said approximately 3 weeks for manufacture and delivery to me.
    2. Handle production - please take a look at the attached photos and short movies. The handles are at final polish stage now and who’ll be with me within 7 or so days. The circular item with the slot - you will have to wait and see what that's for!!

Some shots attached are of pre-edge break and polish stages - don’t worry!! - the T-400 will be smooth, shiny and a pleasure to use.

Happy shaves to everyone this weekend.

regards

Steve Tinter

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

lloydrm, RyX, Frijolero and 2 others like this.
  18. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Menthol Monday SOTD
    July 16, 2018

48-49 Gillette Milord
    Feather HS
    Chatillon Lux Lavender Pre-Shave
    Alpha T-400 Prototype by Vlasta with Envy White Two Band
    Stirling Soap Co. Orange Chill Soap & Aftershave
    Creed Aventus

[​IMG]

19. jar

jar Well-Known Member

Well, I'm finally home and allowed to shave again so I installed a Boar Straight knot from Whipped Dog and gave the brush a few tries.

First, the quality of the handle is exceptional; as nice as any I own.
    The knot is firm with soft tips and feels & performs very much like the original 400s with original knots.
    I'm amazed out how close to the original this turned out.

I did have a small leak somewhere that allowed water to get past the knot and into the handle but a bead of Silicone around the base of the knot fixed that.

By the third or fourth shave I was feeling like I had been using the brush for decades.

Conclusion. If this is available under $100.00 it will be a winner. Under $70.00 and it will be a runaway winner.

Some of my other 400s that I compare it to.
    [​IMG]

Vlasta, DaltonGang, RyX and 2 others like this.
  20. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

Fill us in on the discs with the cutout, maybe a mechanism to adjust knot height?
    Inquiring minds want to know.

RyX likes this.