Safety razors, that are NOT made of zamak/pot metal/die-cast zinc...?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by everraser, Aug 25, 2017.

1. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

If you're looking for SS and the Feather AS-D2 seems pricey, Razorock makes the Mamba and The Game Changer, both received many stellar reviews. Many SE razors, such as the Colonial General series, are made from brass, aluminum or SS. If you're looking for an adjustable, the Rex is available for only $249. For all types of razors without ZAMAC, vintage is an excellent way to go.

2. Michael_W

Michael_W Well-Known Member

At least with the 34c, the handle is made of brass, whereas the head and base plate are ZAMAC. I've had mine since Christmas Eve morning and so far the plating has held up rather well with no issues that I can detect. I do take care to clean the razor every time I swap out a blade, and I take care not to drop it.

Enrico likes this.
  3. everraser

everraser New Member

Nice! Where can I buy them?

4. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Amazon for one.

5. brit

brit in a box

hello and welcome.i am a vintage gillette guy,30s to 50s mainly for me but myself and others love the older ones as well.a great many have had generations of love before their current owners acquired them.most gillettes up to the sixties are brass except during some wars. some new old stock vintage gillettes are still around but cost more if you want unused.
    razorock also has great stainless steel razors for a decent price..enjoy ...