I Made a Mistake....

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by poppi, Jul 8, 2018.

1. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

last year when I sold my FS Finest brush. It was probably the one I liked most of my badgers. I had gotten caught up in Synthetics and thought I wouldn't use Badgers again cuz, of course, I thought Synthetics are the best ever

WRONG!

Synthetics are great and I use them just about every day with wonderful results. But recently I used a couple of my badgers again and totally enjoy it. It was nice to get the different feel and action.

So the moral is, for me, just enjoy the shave with whichever tool you choose. But keep those favorites close

2. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Don't worry ... I'm sure you'll find another, but it is a lesson learned. :)

3. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

I have sold and replaced things also. Feel dumb every time.

4. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

You can always replace the brush if you choose to do so. No worries. :happy088:

I've gone through quite a few brushes to come up with a small number of favorites, which include several badgers, one big Omega boar, and a Tuxedo synthetic.

Brushes 1.jpg

Brushes 2.jpg

5. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I made the comment today that I replaced a razor I got rid of because I missed it. We all do that at times.

AGHisBBS and Enrico like this.
  6. brit

brit in a box

i sold my hd 500 rocket so i could buy my new tech hybrid. the hd 500 shaves like the 22 aristocrat so i don t miss it that much. but for my collections sake i do...

7. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

:signs011: Same here .... I had a 1940's Tech I sold and later missed it. Six months later bought another ... crazy. :shocked029:
    1941-1945 WWII plastic Tech.JPG

8. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Mine was a 1907 GEM....

9. brit

brit in a box

just gave 2 friends a u.s. 50s ball end and a post war canadian fat handle tech. both are trying out de now.i prefer my prewars and flat bottoms so i won t give them up.thinning the herd...

Enrico likes this.
  10. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Well-Known Member

I'm a badger lover, I've experiments so many different brushes from badger, boar and synthetic from 22mm all the way to 30mm knot, believe me, it took me a long while to find my brush face lather style and I choose finest badger 24, 26 and 30mm knot size.

I only have one boar, one synthetic and 12 finest badger brushes in my den

11. Rusty blade

Rusty blade The Good Humor Man

I just buy everything and keep everything. No regrets.

Mike Brown, brit and kfbrady like this.
  12. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

My place is just cluttered with stuff like that. I know if I clean something out I will need it the next week.

Mike Brown likes this.