The Haul: July 2018

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Jun 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Timwcic

Timwcic Well-Known Member

From today's sale of a retired barber, 2 quarts of Dickinson's yellow label witch hazel in a one gallon glass bottle, 8 cakes of Williams tallow goodness, a oak barber box and a so-so Sheffield SR that has perfect ivory scales begging to be reused.

FCB8AE67-80ED-48C6-8B39-316D3EF77293-45393-00001443FB30474F.jpeg

Also from the same sale, a 6 inch Queer Creek and a 5 x 2 1/2 inch Coticule. Two handsome stones.

D224C41B-95FB-4059-81E5-D2C08D5A6001-49694-00001539395077B1.jpeg F0980DD5-A855-480D-9D48-7D0D4F35A993-49694-00001539A41C8A24.jpeg 71A7FD2B-D2FF-4DD2-A891-7888C6B24066-49694-000015397311B37C.jpeg

2. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Wow! Love all that Williams in a paper sleeve. Dumb question perhaps, but does witch hazel lose its strength or properties as it ages?

3. Timwcic

Timwcic Well-Known Member

A good quest that I do not know. What I can say is that this has the most "witch hazel aroma", for lack of better words, that I have smelled. Much stronger than my new bottle

Keithmax, Jorvaljr, Enrico and 2 others like this.
  4. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

I picked up a nearly full 4oz bottle of Tom Fields Gin and Bitters aftershave. A little bit of it seeped out during shipment but fortunately it was very tightly packed.

002.JPG

5. Jrdelgado

Jrdelgado Well-Known Member

Keep us posted!

Enrico likes this.
  6. RyX

RyX DoH!

Eau de burnt newspaper?

Tapatalk Via Kyocera

AGHisBBS and Timwcic like this.
  7. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Very cool!

It your going to use the witch hazel, try it in a small area, just in case it it got real strong.

On a side note I use to work for Norton Abrasives back in 91.

Timwcic and Linuxguile like this.
  8. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Is 30mm tooooo big for it's knot?

I think it ate steroids like M&M's

Keithmax, AGHisBBS, Jorvaljr and 2 others like this.
  9. RyX

RyX DoH!

Fresh from the misplaced mail department, a month ago @jimjo1031 sent the instruction sheet to complete a cased Schick. My very first *everything original* set!
    [​IMG]

Tapatalk Via Kyocera

10. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

Very nice!

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

RyX and jimjo1031 like this.
  11. Jrdelgado

Jrdelgado Well-Known Member

Congratulations! Looks great!!

RyX and jimjo1031 like this.
  12. Redfisher

Not shave related but I have this old pioneer receiver that I wanted to get up and running. I needed some speakers and a CD player. This is what I found in a couple of local vintage audio shops. Nice pair of Epicure microtower M75 speakers vintage 1975 ish. Another shop had this amazing Pioneer CD/DVD player. Super nice unit. Everything sounds absolutely amazing! All told $330 bucks [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

13. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Great receiver, my brother had one very much like yours.

AGHisBBS, jimjo1031 and Redfisher like this.
  14. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Well-Known Member

Mail Call:- The British Ever Ready Streamline SE razor is heavier than the GEM G-Bar, Micromatic Bullet Tip, Clog-Pruf, Open Comb and also the 1938 Gem 1912 SE Australian Commemorative razors I've own in my den.

I love the solid heavy feel and balance in my hand, I'm very please, happy and so glad to have the British Ever Ready Streamline SE razor in my den... OMG! this baby is a real keeper

[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

15. Redfisher

Nice razor. I'd love to have one of those.

jimjo1031 likes this.
  16. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Dang Steve That's one heck of a haul! Stirling glacials pack some serious menthol power.

jimjo1031 and Smooth Steve like this.
  17. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

I really like the chill. I find the Glacials not quite as cold as Cryogen, but better scented and more enjoyable. Especially Obsidian and Lemony Orange. I did not detect as much scent on the Eskimo Tuxedo, but will need to use it a few more times. Enjoy the weekend my friend.
    Steve

18. brit

brit in a box

just arrived 20180714_122533.jpg
    figaro, tfs , and another #20 60s small head rocket stamped k 1

19. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

20180715_130927-661x913.jpg

Found a gorgeous Pocket Ben today (what is it with Florida and pocket watches?) in near perfect shape and running great. This is my absolute favorite look/style of any watch. But it's almost certainly radium. It barely glows, phosphor is spent, but the radium is no doubt very much alive, though it's odd there's no burn on the celluloid/plastic crystal. But the hands are slightly browned, which is one giveaway. Haven't been able to nail down exactly when this one was made, unlike the more recent phosporous Scotty I posted a few weeks ago. Would carry it often just because it's so handsome, but will do so only occasionally.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
  20. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I am offically jealous.

Timwcic and jimjo1031 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.