My Game Changer.

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by cliffb599, Jul 20, 2018.

1. cliffb599

cliffb599 Well-Known Member

Is Definitely a Game Changer.
    Great Razor Thank you RazoRock you got it RIGHT. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigD, Shaver X, battle.munky and 6 others like this.
  2. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    I have been waiting for these to be available again. What's up?!!!

cliffb599 likes this.
  3. cliffb599

They came up again Sunday on 7/15/18 ordered mine. Not the handle I wanted but I can live with the handle it came with. I’m Easy well so the wife says.

BigMark83, Paul76 and Keithmax like this.
  4. Primotenore

Article Team
    I'm pissed and just sent Joe an email saying so. I never received any notification. :angry019:
    I am, however, happy that you enjoy your new razor.

5. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

The head only option is available for $49.99... I almost bought it but realized for $5 I can get a handle.... that makes no sense to me. How does a head only option come out to be only $5 less???

PickledNorthern likes this.
  6. Primotenore

Article Team
    I don't want to hijack this thread, but I did receive a note from Italian Barber saying that I didn't receive any notification, because my name wasn't high up enough on the waiting list. Vis-a-vis $49.99 for head option...nope.

Shaver X and PickledNorthern like this.
  7. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Well, he does sell some really nice handles for like, $9 at times.

Jorvaljr likes this.
  8. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Yeah I’ve seen that. Hmm then a $10 difference makes more sense then. Lol to a thrifty ( cheapass) person like myself, I notice things like that and it irks me something fierce.. and it’s why I didn’t buy it yet.

BigMark83 and Paul76 like this.
  9. GawainandtheGreenKnight

GawainandtheGreenKnight Well-Known Member

I agree completely I love my GC with HD handle. How do you like the CAD? Scent?Performance?

cliffb599 likes this.
  10. brit

brit in a box

i am happy with the mamba ss .nice razor. am sure more game changers will come soon..

11. cliffb599

CaD is one of my Favorites.
    Great sent and the performance is Top notch. Also very Easy to Lather.

12. GawainandtheGreenKnight

GawainandtheGreenKnight Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply, I want to try a crown king soap, I've been conflicted between CAD, Sacre Bleu, and Red Planet.

cliffb599 likes this.
  13. bigwaverazor

bigwaverazor Well-Known Member

Here's the deal... My first shave impression.
    • Game Changer .84-P with Super Knurl 91mm
    • Derby Premium
    • MWF
    Head shave ONLY

Tons of hype on this razor!!!! Undoubtedly the best (ENJOYABLE) and efficient head shave I've ever had. Could hardly feel the blade with complete BBS results. I'd say it's a KARVE plate-C in feel and a KARVE plate-D in efficiency. Remarkable!!!!!
    Now I need to face shave with it tomorrow; I can't wait.

The finish, craftsmanship isn't bad. It is, however, its only weakness that I can find. When comparing to high end stuff, don't expect a Wolfman WR1 or an Above The Tie (ATT) stainless steel finish. The Game Changer will show minor machining marks and dull polishing. Remember, it's a $54 razor, a nice one at that! Even my Weber PH has a better polish. They use some sort of a tumbling method to create a decent finish. The geometrical cuts and fitting of the three piece razor is top-notch, blade alignment right on. Putting the blade onto the base plate might seem backwards at first. So far this razor performs! It's nice looking on a shelf but it'll hardly be there! It'll shave its way to the top of your razors. More later...

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
  14. brit

brit in a box

you can always polish it yourself..

15. BigMark83

BigMark83 [...........] this space intentionally left blank

I wish they still made the milder one. I never got a chance to try it. What would the .84 be compared to? Either on a scale of 1-10 or compared to another razor. Not to jack the thread, I would never do that.

brit likes this.
  16. brit

brit in a box

i am sure someone will sell one on the bst at some point..

17. bigwaverazor

First Face Shave

RazoRock Game Changer .84 Super Knurl
    Derby Premium
    RazoRock F-400 synthetic
    MWF

Results: Smooth, FANTASTIC BBS!!!! But watch out :)

My first report was after a head shave, as posted above. After a true face shave of a 2 day beard, I see the GC .84 as a more aggressive razor than I experienced on my head. I like medium to moderately, high aggressive razors. Upon this shave, I'd rank the GC .84 around a KARVE plate-F, ATT H1, or Timeless 0.95 open comb, scalloped cap. It was very smooth, though! I got a few weepers along my usual areas of the neck when going ATG, sideways across the neck. Most razors will do that to me, not unusual. I got (1) true nick in the chin area. For my face, I'd place the GC .84 like a KARVE plate-E in smoothness and a plate-F in efficiency and/or aggressiveness, blade feel. I'm going to like it. I'm also going to respect it. I know my razors well. I got a phenomenal shave! This one will be a keeper.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
    brit likes this.
  18. Zed117

Zed117 Well-Known Member

6s on plate 4 or 5, Rex on 2.5, Fatboy on 5. Pretty similar to a R plate on a ATT also. Shaves just as good as those mentioned. I also have the Karve C plate with the .85 gap, the GC .84 is smoother and more efficient.

cliffb599 and brit like this.
  19. BigMark83

BigMark83 [...........] this space intentionally left blank

I've not used a Fatboy, but have used a slim. I think 5-6 was the highest I've gone on it, it's been a long time however. Not a fan of the R for ATT however. The Gap is fine, I just do not like the amount of exposure. I may eventually buy one.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

20. bigwaverazor

My Game Changer .84-P with a Weber Bulldog handle. I'm not too much of a fan of the Super Knurl handle from RazoRock that came with my razor. The Weber looks better, is a tad shorter, and has better knurl feel.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
    brit, cliffb599 and BigMark83 like this.