Watches - let's see 'em

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by gorgo2, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Classy watch. Will always be in style.

jtspartan and wristwatchb like this.
  2. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Briscoe and wristwatchb like this.
  3. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

True, but almost no guy I see wearing such watches has been anywhere near that big. Flavor Flav's absurd neck clock is actually more practical (slightly).

4. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

IMG_5166.jpg

Decided to go with a 'lite' watch in this heat.

5. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

My 50mm GShock Riseman. I find it to be pretty average fit. I’m no hulk, but at 6-4 and around 250 (on a good day ), while fullsized, I don’t think I’m quite in the Flava camp yet.

[​IMG]

6. PickledNorthern

I also don’t think that @Bama Samurai was throwing you a hypothetical.

Keithmax and gorgo2 like this.
  7. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

G-Shocks are great watches. I purchased the DW5600E-1V a few months ago. It's a throwback to the original G-Shock, so it's smaller than yours. It wears comfortably, keeps almost perfect time (it's a Walmart special, not a Multi Band), and it's tough as nails. You can't beat the back lit display, either.

8. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

My stable. I wear the G Shock most just because it is so friggin comfortable. The Hamilton is damn fine but I don't know if I'm grown up enough to wear an automatic just yet. It barely makes it a weekend and if I get a half day on Friday, it stops by Monday morning, and it is the fanciest of the lot too so I don't like wearing it all the time.
    20180806_213014-747x1328.jpg 20180806_213136-747x1328.jpg 20180806_213121-747x1328.jpg 20180806_213155-747x1328.jpg 20180806_213100-747x1328.jpg

9. brit

brit in a box

not a watch guy so far..will wear one at a wedding... copy of a 1940s watch, ford racing cobra watch when i worked for ford , russian stop watch . metro whistle , 20180806_194956.jpg thats it folks ....you asked..

10. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

[​IMG]

Hemel Arrowhead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. wristwatchb

Classy! :happy096:

gorgo2 and clint64 like this.
  12. wristwatchb

Nice collection! The Seiko PADI diver is a beauty and is also built like a tank. I used to have a few Seikos, and they are great watches. I've been tempted to add one of their dive watches to my collection for awhile.

battle.munky likes this.
  13. wristwatchb

That's a cool Russian stopwatch. How did you come across it?

brit and clint64 like this.
  14. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thanks for your help researching watches.

wristwatchb likes this.
  15. PickledNorthern

The reason I mostly bought this one was the solar/atomic feature. Nearing a decade with never changing a battery, or setting it, is a plus for me.

gorgo2, wristwatchb and clint64 like this.
  16. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Mine is solar and atomic as well but if I'm being honest, I've yet to get the atomic thing to work. It doesn't get good signal on a manual attempt to update so I assume that it isn't doing it overnight either. I don't really need atomic timekeeping anyway though.

I've tried it in several different parts of the country to no avail.

wristwatchb likes this.
  17. brit

brit in a box

i wanted a stop watch for quarter mile passes in the stands, thunder strikes, just fooling around and found it on ebay .works great...sorry for the delayed reply..

gorgo2 and wristwatchb like this.
  18. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

A reissue of the 1953 Glycine Airman.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I've been wanting to get a Rose Gold watch with Black accents for a while with a white face. And when this NOS Windsor Saville came up for bidding, it was the one to get. And I was glad I got it for a great price. I've been wearing it for about a week just to get used to a lighter watch than my Invicta Reserve. It has a case diameter of 44mm, without the crown, and a nice thick leather strap. And I think it's a good one to wear while dressing up and still be sporty.

unspecified.jpg

20. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Timex Marlin Blackout winder looks great but not $199 great.

clint64 and Keithmax like this.