Made Rite 203 Re-Vamp

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by jimjo1031, Aug 6, 2018.

1. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

A while back, I got a Made Rite 203 brush from @Linuxguile and just didn't work on it yet. Well, yesterday I was really bored and pulled it out of my parts drawer. Originally it was just going to be restored back with just a knot change. Well, I have a strange mind and thought about changing it completely, why not. This first pic of how it originally looked. I borrowed the pic from the net because I forgot to take one..........
    1.jpg

This second pic after some grinding, filling in with epoxy, and repeating. You'll notice that I changed the shape on top to something more angular, removed the seams and notches for a smooth finish..........
    2.jpg

This third pic showing the handle after I sprayed Rubberized Undercoating a couple of times and weighted with BB's..........
    3.jpg

And finally, I painted it Purple on top and English Navy on the bottom and some clear coats. I just have the synthetic knot dry fitted as I'm not sure which knot I'll install yet, it could be this one. It has a good textured feel to it and should provide a better grip when wet..........
    4.jpg

AGHisBBS, Pilotcld, Frijolero and 2 others like this.
  2. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Cool, would not have thought of that.

jimjo1031 likes this.
  3. jimjo1031

Thanks, it's what happens when I don't have anything to do.

4. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

Well done. It's a unique way to do a restore.

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk

jimjo1031 likes this.
  5. jimjo1031

Something different, thanks.