The Haul: August 2018

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

That a very nice Canadian Albright Rubberset; really looks great. I'm sure @bladeshark will like it.

2. bladeshark

bladeshark Well-Known Member

Yes, that is a beautiful vintage Canadian Rubberset brush! It has an unique design and would make an excellent restoration project.

jimjo1031, RyX, jtspartan and 2 others like this.
  3. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

I went to your website after getting it to find the #, and couldn't find one exactly like it. It is much greener that the picture would indicate.

jimjo1031, RyX and bladeshark like this.
  4. bladeshark

bladeshark Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't see as many Canadian Rubbersets as most stay in-country. I took a look at the 1946 catalog on the site and I don't see this model. It would be really hard to guess it's age without reference unfortunately.

Do you plan on restoring it?

5. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

Yes, I will be restoring it. I usually make my own wooden handles, but this will be my first restoration. I've got a few knots kicking around that will fit it, I believe.
    And yes, it did stay 'in country'- I got it in Southeastern British Columbia.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
    jimjo1031, Edison Carter, RyX and 2 others like this.
  6. Marverel

Marverel Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

haven't been around much lately ... but today I've got to show you some nice additions to my den. Both razors arrived this morning

My wife got me this one for my birthday:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And this one I gave to myself ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. brit

brit in a box

just arrived, gillette new lc. all plating intact, wrong case i think, 20180815_041358.jpg

8. Heljestrand23

Heljestrand23 Well-Known Member

Wow killer scores you have there! My personal favorite DE is the Gillette New LC, I hope you enjoy yours!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Heljestrand23

Heljestrand23 Well-Known Member

Looks like a Gillette Red & Black set, does the box say something else? Everything looks legit to me, a NOS set! Congratulations!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

Achim's site shows that case as a Federal set:
    [​IMG]
    which would have come with a New LC.

Does your razor have the patent info on the bottom of the baseplate? If not, I'd say its just a "wrong" handle. If so, then it may be a later razor in the case.

Or it could all be some transitional variant and be correct. :)

11. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Gillette were notorious for swapping parts and handles; their Goodwills and Milords are great examples of that. In any case that a great razor! :happy096:

12. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Do Dollar Tree purchases count in this thread?

13. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Yes sir

14. RyX

RyX DoH!

Sure, I've seen many non-shave related products in The Haul.

AGHisBBS, jimjo1031 and Edison Carter like this.
  15. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

And speaking of non-shave related items. A freebie arrived today from Black & Mild, a nice, hefty butane lighter that'll be handy for my cigars and pipes. Even got my initials etched into it.

unspecified.jpg

16. Paul Turner

But I bought shave-related products. I wouldn't list non-shave related stuff from DT in here,.

Edison Carter and SHAVEWIZARD420 like this.
  17. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Ok, does this count? A birthday present to myself. [​IMG]

Herm

preidy, Boojum1, brit and 10 others like this.
  18. Paul Turner

Well then...here it is:

1 set of TRIPLE-blade razors(5)-"Pour Hommes"
    1 set of 6-blade razors-"Men's Superior DisposeABLE razors".

(don't worry, @wristwatchb , I'm still going to try to solve the Gillette Twin issue).

The 6-bladers resemble the Dorco Pace-6 that I now have, but the Dorco looks nicer.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
  19. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

I didn't know they had a revision. It looks nice. I hope it works well for you.
    Steve

Boojum1 and Edison Carter like this.
  20. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

Today I received a package from PAA. I picked up the Boomtown Bay Rum Shampoo, Deodorant, Shave Soap, Aftershave, and Star Jelly. I also picked up the PAA Banana Cube and the L1 injector, but they accidentally forgot to include the razor. Doug & Fran are on it and will send out the razor ASAP. Mistakes happen so all you can ask that they get fixed and PAA's customer service has been great. I also received their free multi-tool with the order which looks nice. I can't wait to try out the Boomtown set tomorrow!
    Steve

IMG_0698.jpg
    IMG_0699.jpg

preidy, Jrdelgado, Herm2502 and 9 others like this.