Jayaruh Wooden SE Razor: Last Call

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Jayaruh, Jun 6, 2018.

1. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

@Jayaruh ... careful! Woody may come back talking funny and driving on the wrong side of the road! :eek:

2. riverrun

riverrun Well-Known Member

:happy093:
    No worries - I hold a full German driving licence. Oops... funny spelling... :p

3. richgem

Whatevour do you mean? Lol

AGHisBBS, Herm2502, PLAla and 2 others like this.
  4. riverrun

Woody has safely arrived in the UK after a short trip to Germany (someone please give USPS a map)
    My better half assumed wrongly: "Surely, you're not going to shave with that?"
    I have to get a secret prototype razor out of the way first, but Woody will see some action soon.
    I like what I see.

5. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Glad it arrived safely! That was my first time mailing something overseas and I wasn't quite sure of the process. I saw on the tracking that it was in Germany for a while....pretty odd. Anyway, looking forward to your shave reports once you get to it.

Jayaruh and AGHisBBS like this.
  6. richgem

Maybe he stopped by for early Octoberfest??

AGHisBBS, Jayaruh and PLAla like this.
  7. riverrun

He went to Cologne, which is actually only 300 miles from London. In the US that would be "next door" I assume. :p

AGHisBBS, Jayaruh and PLAla like this.
  8. richgem

Actually, in the US we typically can't figure out where London is located relative to Germany. Or NY relative to the entire country of Canada for that matter. :eek:

9. riverrun

PLAla likes this.
  10. richgem

AGHisBBS and PLAla like this.
  11. riverrun

I've just decided not to shave with Woody.
    While trying to secure a nice fresh, very sharp blade (GEM stainless) to the head with that flimsy metal clip, the clip just flew off the head and the blade managed to bury itself deep into both my thumbs at the same time. The bathroom floor is still covered in blood and my thumbs are covered in 10 layers of heavy-duty plasters that I managed to retrieve from the kitchen without ruining the carpet on the way. One bathroom towel might be beyond saving. Typing without thumbs is difficult for me - should make earning money as a self-employed computer programmer interesting - no sick leave for me. I'm still debating if I should go to hospital for some stitches - the cuts are really quite deep. I've already been told that I'll have to sleep with rubber gloves on tonight, so I won't bleed on the bedding.
    An interesting experience, this razor. I'll pass it on or back to Jim as soon as I can manage to assemble a parcel. Might be a while.

PLAla likes this.
  12. richgem

:eek: OMG... glad you're reasonably OK tho.

For those of us in the American group, "plaster" = Band-aid. ;)

13. riverrun

I'll teach that bloody razor proper English at least!!!
    Funniest thing so far: my iPhone's fingerprint reader is set up to accept any of my thumbs to unlock the phone. The "band-aids" seem to obstruct my real fingerprint patterns ever so slightly.

14. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Good grief! That's terrible, Andreas. So sorry. Securing the clip was a little challenging and I can see how that could happen. Too bad!

15. riverrun

I told Woody to call 999 but he insisted on calling 911 instead!

16. richgem

We probably should have sent him over with an American to British dictionary. :(

AGHisBBS, PLAla and riverrun like this.
  17. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    So sorry to hear of your troubles.
    oh-no.jpg