The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

I would have to bet on Reddit for sheer volume. We might be long term fans, but you should see that joint.

Not knockin’ on us, just sayin.

2. PickledNorthern

Just be tougher than your sponge.

3. PickledNorthern

@ezlovan

Dude. First chance I’ve had to talk about the deodorant. I’ve been so busy I can’t even begin to express....

The stuff works. Really. We have had some nineties, ninety-five percent humidity recently; really, really hot garbage for around here. So last week I was on the road and showered Friday morning, early. Got home Friday/Saturday in the middle of the night, and flopped into bed. Got up super early and had to go help my dad with some stuff, and then go help my kid cut some wood. By two o clock I was 30 hours since a shower and smelled like road kill, but I had to hurry home and grab my wife to meet our daughter and her boyfriend to golf. I changed clothes quickly, rubbed on some Piacenza and took off. Four holes in, my wife hugged me at the tee box, and said I smelled good.

Nuff said. This stuff works.

4. FatherofSquirrel

FatherofSquirrel A right jolly old elf

I need to get barbershop again, however, I have spent the last year trying to use up my current soaps, before I buy more. I probably have a couple of years ahead of me. To assuage my desire for new or favorite scents, I get the bathsoaps.

5. PickledNorthern

Also @ezlovan

Scent wise, neutralizing wise, the stuff is great. It is a little dry feeling going on, and may use up fast. But the stuff really works from a deodorant perspective. I will be buying more.

6. PickledNorthern

@Paul Turner

I still have your soap. In the last two weeks, it has traveled backroads across ND from nearly Montana through MN, into WI almost to Green Bay. Hell, I even fed it a hot beef at Red Stu’s truck stop last Wednesday.

Coming buddy.

7. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

That soaps gonna have some mileage on it,lol.

Clayton

Sent from my LG-K450 using Tapatalk

8. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

While my current life assignments do not leave me with the unicorn aroma, I have similar feelings to these comments on the deodorants.

Not quite as easy to apply as the Brut Deodorant I have used like.... forever. A little dry and sticky going on. Better than an early sample I got though.

I got Piacenza and Mountain Man, both rank in the Max Headroom Glorious Stanks list. The scent is a good level, not overkill. And it lasts!

Since Brut deodorant top 3 ingredients are alcohol, water, propylene glycol it makes sense it is easy-on.

After my application of the Stirling product, I splash a little rubbing alcohol in my hand and smear it around some. Works for me.

Did I say that the scent lasts? Like till the next day?

There were some concerns over the product and ambient heat. I found no issue Arkansas to Mid-Atlantic. Nice applicator package design. One of the flavors required me to mush it a little to loosen it for dispense though.

It is another win for me.

Thanks @ezlovan

9. chevyguy

I have the deodorant in the Sandpiper scent and it works really well for me here in the Northwest where the temps have gotten into the mid-nineties at times, and it gets humid. I still smell odor free the next day if I can't catch a shower. I'll be trying the Sandalwood next. Thank's Rod and Mandy.

Clayton

10. PickledNorthern

I see Piacenza becoming my standard warm weather scent, and Sandalwood and Ozark (pretty please) for winter.

11. chevyguy

Arkadia's another good one for Winter. It's really hard to pick a favorite when it comes to Stirling, you just want to try them all.

Clayton

12. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Nice report Mr.Headroom/Cawtuh

13. Shadow Shaver

Shadow Shaver Well-Known Member

I normally can't wear regular deodorants and have to use anti-persperants because of irritation. Stirling deodorants have a great scent strength and it lasts forever. The material is a little soft and sticky so application is a little finicky. Overall I really liked it but I did have some body smell come through after 10 hours or so and would wash up and reapply. Unfortunately, I started getting some irritation from the Stirling as well and had to stop using. I gave the other stick of Arkadia to my son and he seems to really like it.

You all know that I love everything Stirling! I have to be honest with all of you though, at $3.12 - $3.70 a stick, I much prefer my regular deodorant. I still think that Stirling deodorants are good, they are just not for me because of the irritation and price point. YMMV

john zeiger, GADback, ezlovan and 3 others like this.
  14. chevyguy

I too cannot use commercial deodorants, or anti-perspirants due to irritation, even Crystal Alum makes me itch. With natural deodorants you want to apply them to clean dry skin for them to work properly, and trimming up the armpit hair does help. During warmer weather go with a little heavier of an application to help control odor due to sweating. As for price Stirling Deodorant is actually priced cheaper than the other artisan made deodorants when you look at how much you get, and you don't have to stir it or apply it with your fingers. Stirling Deodorant is great stuff and I'll buy it as long as I don't suffer from any irritation.

Clayton

15. Deeter

Deeter Well-Known Member

New Stirling soap user. Getting the amount of water just right took some experimentation, but once I figured that out, the lather is top tier. Nice scent too (executive man, electric sheep).

16. ezlovan

ezlovan Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    Thanks @PickledNorthern & @Edison Carter and everyone else who tried the deodorant. Even those who didn't like it. I really do appreciate it. We're eventually going to have three formulas of deodorants, including an antiperspirant. This formula will be the mildest of the three, so I'm glad to hear more and more people every day say that it works.

As for cost, I'm hopeful that we'll be able to get it down within a year. Some of the ingredients (hops extract, zinc ricinoleate, CCT) are really expensive, but to make a good natural deodorant without resorting to filler like corn starch or having the whole thing be cheap filler and then using triclosan as your deodorizing agent is not cheap.

We are going to be attempting a very risky expansion over the next year or two. We should be able to get the deodorant price down once I have the room to buy some of the ingredients in larger quantities.

17. Paul Turner

Did it see Lambeau Field?(Packer Stadium). OK, thanks for the update. I'm sure there'll be many more humid days ahead to get it started.

18. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

SOTD
    August 20, 2018

Blackland Dart with Triad Helix Hex Ti
    Polsilver Super Iridium
    Romera Manchurian
    Stirling Soap Co. Iced Pineapple Soap & Aftershave, MITA Witch Hazel
    Creed Aventus

[​IMG]

19. Paul Turner

I still have a lot of Barbershop and Spice to for the winters. More of the latter though. Course I might end up adding another if it ends up winning my 2019 Stoylin Tony Awards. That remains to be seen.

20. Ijustmissedthe50s

Ijustmissedthe50s The Warnee

Both Amy and I tried our shave soaps, bath soaps, splashes and lip balms today. Theres not much to say that you all don't already know. Scent, performance and value...Stirling is a trifecta. We are so impressed that items for order number two are already in the cart. If Stirling ever made colognes, they could easily become a one stop shop.