Aftermarket Sensor Handle

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by jon radin, Aug 25, 2018.

1. jon radin

jon radin Member

I have tried an all metal aftermarket Gillette Sensor handle I got on Amazon. It is heavy and seems to smooth out the Sensor Cartridge, giving a smoother, closer shave. I am trying to identify other good aftermarket Sensor handles. The Parker mfg ones on Amazon get poor reviews. Ebay has nothing right now. Pils has several for 125-150 Euros which is more than I would like to spend. Can anyone reccommend a handle and suggest where to look?

2. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

3. jon radin

jon radin Member

4. jon radin

jon radin Member

Thanks again Jimjo1031 again, I checked them out, one is the handle I got on Ebay that works well, the other, the less expensive one, I got several years ago, the sensor cart fits poorly, I would not reccommend that one

5. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

It may not interest you but I'm pretty sure SuperMax makes one that is commonly sold at Big Lots (if there's one in your area). Highest quality? No, but functional.

jimjo1031 likes this.
  6. jon radin

jon radin Member

Thanks gorgo2....looked around 'net couldn't find it, there is one for around 10-13 dollars on Ebay and amazon, is that the one your referring to?

gorgo2 likes this.
  7. Dansco

Dansco Well-Known Member

Think muhle do them too.... check their website. Can get some nice ones like bog oak and stuff...

8. jon radin

jon radin Member

Thanks Dansco, checked the Muhle website, did not see one, but wrote them to see if any are available. Appreciate the suggestion.

Dansco likes this.
  9. Dansco

Dansco Well-Known Member

Sorry. Maybe I'm thinking of the wrong cartridge razor.

10. jon radin

jon radin Member

MuhleUSA just wrote back they do not have Sensor handles....search continues. thanks again

11. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

This one I think. Big Lots pretty much always has them. Good shaver.

[​IMG]

12. jon radin

jon radin Member

got it Gorgo2...probably missed becasue was searching 2 blade razors, is this one compatible with Sensor cartridges?

gorgo2 likes this.
  13. jimjo1031

14. BigMark83

BigMark83 [...........] this space intentionally left blank

jimjo1031 likes this.
  15. jimjo1031

Didn't know that because it's still listed, thanks.

BigMark83 likes this.
  16. jon radin

jon radin Member

Thanks Jimjo1031 I also found ebarbershop is gone. After the Amazon Heavey weight metal handle for about $22.00, only Pils has a Sensor handle for $125 us dollars, I think. which is more than I want to pay. I guess the Sensor is too old and not popular enough to have current demand generate a supply. Oh well.

17. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

Not completely closed. Read the whole statement on the main page.

"Orders placed after August 15th will be filled with any inventory that remains after the 15th and on a first-come first serve basis"

18. jimjo1031

There is one on Ebay, but it's priced higher than a new one. I used to see them on there at times. Who knows, they could show up again.

19. jon radin

jon radin Member

Thanks again everyone who replied. Can't seem to locate a handle that is wihtin my price range and construction preferences. the 22-23 dollar one on Amazon is working pretty well, so I guess I will stick with that, maybe get a second one as a backup.