Mild Shavers Thread-Techs,TTOs,Anything mild!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by MR41, Mar 4, 2018.

?

Do you consider a Gillette Red Tip mild?

1. Yes

2. No

3. It Depends on the day

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Super Max platinum are great blades, I like them as well as Nacets! I've been on a Krona kick later with my gray eagle.

2. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

I can't remember a milder, more comfortable shave than that a Stahly head coupled with another handle delivers.
    It is the utmost in comfort and efficiency. I've got many other razors, and enjoy each for their merits. But the Stahly makes you forget the blade entirely. If i couldn't hear it, I would not know it was there. I have an idea that this is because of the round guard. Maybe, it's just a hunch of mine.
    I thought I would include this in any thread calling for anything mild. The Stahly may win the prize in my book.
    20180831_193552_resized.jpg

3. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

It's definitely a nice mild razor. I had one a year or so ago, but decided to let it go due to lack of attention.

4. SILKS

SILKS Active Member

Sounds kool... Im a Super Mild Shaver if there is Such A Thing...
    Do you know the blade gap on that razor ? :signs002:

MR41 likes this.
  5. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

It has some gap -- I can squeeze seven blades in the gap =.7mm, but not much exposure and it feels mild to everyone I've seen review it.
    [​IMG]

6. SILKS

SILKS Active Member

Ok, thanks for the information...
    Ill do some reasearch on the razor...

MR41 and jmudrick like this.
  7. SILKS

SILKS Active Member

Thanks for the info

8. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Stahly on "Samba" handle (SABI with Mamba knob). Marvelous mild but efficient shave, a Tek II on steroids, a pre+war Tech with bit more gap. Really love the Stahly. [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
  9. rbilly

rbilly Well-Known Member

I won a dirt cheap superspeed on the bay, im not the biggest fan of superspeeds but i have a black handle flare tip birth year a late 50s flare tip, both shave fine but thats it in addition to my red tip which shaves really well. Keeping my eyes open for the late 40s original superspeed i got one on ebay for 4 bucks. Decided to give it a run today. My report is, this is a decent razor, i like it more then the flare tip, but not as much as a red tip, it gave me a 3 pass bbs using some vdh deluxe, perma sharp blade then followed with some avon spicy aftershave. 20180907_072738.jpg

10. Dansco

Dansco Well-Known Member

20180901_134845-1512x2016.jpg

This baby is mild and I love it!!

11. rbilly

rbilly Well-Known Member

Dansco and Edison Carter like this.
  12. urrlord

urrlord Well-Known Member

I think you can add the Dollar Tree Assured razor to the list of mild shavers.

AGHisBBS, Edison Carter and MR41 like this.
  13. rbilly

rbilly Well-Known Member

They just restocked those, they were mia a few weeks ago. I cant get any dollar tree spice AS for two years lol but they keep restocking those razors, i wonder if people are really that interested in them. The one i tried was actually kind of on the aggresdive side, more so then my red tip.

AGHisBBS, Edison Carter and MR41 like this.
  14. urrlord

urrlord Well-Known Member

I have never seen any spice a/s at my local Dollar Trees,only their green and blue powder scented stuff.I wish they did have some here ,I'd give it a shot

15. Dansco

Dansco Well-Known Member

#66 I believe.

16. rbilly

rbilly Well-Known Member

As far as i can tell vi jon has not produced it in awhile as rite aid, dollar tree, dollar general and walgreens have all been out for some time.

17. SILKS

SILKS Active Member

Body Shop Cream is a Awesome Product...... Slick and a great value:happy088:

18. rbilly

rbilly Well-Known Member

Yesterday morning shaves 20180914_110320.jpg
    Razor: early model superspeed
    blade: perma sharp
    soap: Williams
    Aftershave Stirling Dunshire
    2 pass bbs.

19. SILKS

SILKS Active Member

Sounds Relaxing

MR41 likes this.
  20. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Yes, all the mild tools are here.
    But does anyone have a 3 peice Razorock DE1?
    Well I put my standard new feather blade in one today and I must say it was an easy, smooth, gental shave. Shaves almost like my Murker 23c Long Handle I fell in like with when I started all this maddness.
    The coating is bright and clean, the blade fits snug and the tabs are hidden under the top cap. The price is right for any beginner or...
    Is your RAD kicking in??
    20180915_204412_2.jpg 20180915_203514.jpg

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018