Photobucket pictures are not working? Since 9/4/18

Discussion in 'The Help Desk' started by EzraCobb, Sep 5, 2018.

1. EzraCobb

EzraCobb Well-Known Member

this is strange - suddenly I get a X whenever I post a link to Pic Hosting site named photobucket ? very odd - been doing this for years and now this site wont work? same link works on other web forums -

do u see a picture or and X?

[​IMG]

2. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

I just see the x.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

3. RyX

RyX DoH!

I've never used the service when it was free, and now it's by subscription. Don't keep up on changes and there have been some.

"As of June 30, 2017, Photobucket dropped its free hosting service, and requires a US$99 annual subscription to allow external linking to all hosted images, or a US$399 annual subscription to allow the embedding of images on third-party websites, such as personal blogs and forums. This policy change, enacted with no advance notice, has been highly controversial. As a result, users who previously relied on Photobucket to freely host content embedded on forums, blogs, and websites must either pay the annual subscription (previously there was no charge), or switch to another 3rd party server and recreate every link (potentially thousands) for every photo previously linked to Photobucket" - Wikipidea article.

4. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Just an X. I just use Dropbox to upload my images, free.

5. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

I have many pix hosted on photobucket, going way back to about 2003 when photobucket was the host of choice when posting on Myspace... Anytime I try to access those pix on photobucket, I am spammed into oblivion with ads.

Definitely time to move your pix to Imgur, or Dropbox, or maybe, just maybe google. I no longer trust google though. Go with Imgur.

Erik Redd likes this.
  6. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

I also use Photobucket and want to know why the forum is not posting them.

7. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    X

RyX likes this.
  8. RyX

RyX DoH!

404-flakes.jpg
    @sparky5693 - Is TSD blocking photobucket, and do you have a suggested alternate offsite upload service?

9. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

10. Linuxguile

Nope, didn't work.[​IMG]

11. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Guys, you can use tinypic, I switched to them quite a while back after consistently having trouble with photobucket. :happy088:

Linuxguile likes this.
  12. brit

brit in a box

i take pics with my phone and send them to my email, then download them here. google i guess...

RyX likes this.
  13. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

I recommend Imgur also.

14. Linuxguile

I use imgur too

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

15. EzraCobb

no way - I was grandfathered in and photobucket also lowered there prices MUCH better quality and much more reliable than imgur = this issue I had was only this site - it was not Photobucket - same linked worked elsewhere - very odd - but I am good - no big deal -

I am fine with photobucket - not changing :) I do also have Imgur - but I like the photobucket app much better on my android Note - again I have always paid and never used the app free with the ads - so I cant speak on ads as I never see them

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
    Linuxguile likes this.
  16. EzraCobb

Also - if you click on a link where a person is not paying for 3rd party hosting - than yes you get the errors - it does stink but they had to make some money - saying that they lowered there prices a lot.

But you can close this thread - the issue was just this site?

But since photobucket went to PAY for 3rd party - it is now rock solid---- funny how that happens when its no longer free - haha

Linuxguile likes this.
  17. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Thanks for fixing it!