How's Your Day? Sept. 2018

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by richgem, Sep 1, 2018.

1. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

Isn't it funny when the weather people always says showers when predicting rain.. They're not kidding..all you need is some soap and a loofah..:bath:
    Shower.png

Paul Turner likes this.
  2. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Is it snowing yet in Canuckia?

3. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

Well the mooses are pretty wet right now...

richgem likes this.
  4. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

Things are going alright, big changes are on the horizon...for better I think.

Regardless, I did get my haircut yesterday by my lovely wife. She trimmed my beard too!

I grew the beard after my last surgery (sinus) because the right half of my upper lip is tender and it KILLS just above it, when touched, due to the bone removal....so a beard it was![​IMG]

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

macaronus and richgem like this.
  5. richgem

Lookin' dapper, Luke.

I'll take, "What smells even worse than wet dog," for $300, Alex.

lradke and Slipperyjoe like this.
  6. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

What are Penguins?

7. richgem

Also dapper and depending on the occasion, somewhat overdressed.

macaronus and Erik Redd like this.
  8. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Not off to a good start today-the colonoscopy couldn't be performed(poor prep). I'm recommended to go in again within 6 months and have an "in-house" prep. I just can't
    tolerate that drink(not being selfish here, I know many can't). That led to the poor prep. Stinx. Well, at least I can get back to some serious eatin'.

macaronus, AGHisBBS and Frijolero like this.
  9. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

Man, that sounds like a real crappy day.

macaronus and AGHisBBS like this.
  10. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

Dave Barry wrote a priceless piece on his whole experience. Especially his description of that drink, and its effect:

"Have you ever seen a space shuttle launch? This is pretty much the MoviPrep experience, with you as the shuttle. There are times when you wish the commode had a seat belt."

https://www.miamiherald.com/living/liv-columns-blogs/dave-barry/article1928847.html

macaronus likes this.
  11. Paul Turner

It's happened twice before, so this is 3rd time. I had a bad feeling about things last night. We move on, I suppose. My dad had colon issues near the end of his life, so there's the "family history" thing I must deal with.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  12. Paul Turner

I've always known Barry to be "amusing" :). He's right-get it done. But when the space shuttle never launches and you're told "We couldn't do it-poor prep", you're back to square 1, wondering just what is going on "down there".

macaronus likes this.
  13. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Busy day with little things. I made a couple of scented candles, changed the registration sticker on my car & went for an evening shoot. I am trying a new release (that’s the trigger we use intsead of finger-drawing.)

AGHisBBS and macaronus like this.
  14. MntnMan62

MntnMan62 Well-Known Member

I've had better days. I've been a couch potato a bit too much lately and with a break in the rain decided to go for a bike ride. I was at about mile 11.5 of a 12.5 mile loop with the intent of doing another 9 miles after the 12.5 when I feel some crunching and then couldn't pedal at all. I stop and look down to see my rear derailleur just hanging from the chain. It had completely snapped off. And we're talking about a Shimano Ultegra groupset. I couldn't ride anymore so I found a clearing on the side of the road and called the wife. She was at the mall and said she couldn't come and get me so I walked about a mile home. Once I got home I took a closer look at it and saw a nice piece of twig/stick wedged into the pulley of the derailleur that caused it to seize up. Which also means no ride tomorrow (Sunday) with the weather turning nice. Not happy. Not happy at all.

AGHisBBS likes this.
  15. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Went for a shoot this morning. There were some other (very nice) folks from the club there. I enjoyed having their company.

AGHisBBS likes this.
  16. Paul Turner

IS that something for a bikeshop to fix?

17. Paul Turner

The "showers" they talk about can't be turned off.

18. MntnMan62

MntnMan62 Well-Known Member

Most definitely. I found a NOS Ultegra 9 speed long cage derailleur on the bay and it shipped out this morning. I'll be taking the bike to the same shop that did a complete tune up on the biker earlier this season to install the new derailleur. And while I'm at it, I'm going to have them take a look at the fork on my old mountain bike. It's got a Marzocchi Bomber Z4 coil fork on it. An awesome fork in it's day. It seems to have lost it's ability to compress properly and now bottoms out fairly easily. I'm hoping it just needs a new oil bath and praying the seals are still good. I haven't been able to find any online for that vintage which is late 90's or early 2000's. I'm trying to avoid having to invest in a new shock since the bike itself probably isn't worth changing out the fork. It's an even older Scwhinn hardtail. But if I can get the fork up and running again, it will be money well spent since the fork is plush and smooth. Crossing my fingers.

AGHisBBS, macaronus and Paul Turner like this.
  19. Paul Turner

Yes....let's hope for good news.

AGHisBBS likes this.
  20. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

I have a head cold. Ahhchooo!

Paul Turner likes this.