Vlasta's T-400 Owners Club

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by BearCWY, Aug 14, 2018.

?

What knots do you own or have ordered for your T-400 Brush

1. 26mm HMWB

23.5%
  2. 24mm Silver Tip badger

47.1%
  3. 24mm 2 band badger

17.6%
  4. 24mm Horse black

11.8%
  5. 24mm Horse white

11.8%
  6. 24mm Boar

17.6%
  7. 24mm Synthetic

11.8%
  8. I just got empty 24mm ferrule/s and put my own knot in it

17.6%
  9. I just got empty 26mm ferrule/s and put my own knot in it

11.8%
  10. I don't own a T-400 yet but I'm going to!

29.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

Your in for a treat, and oh man that knot. Hope you opted for the silvertip, they're fabulous. Can't wait to see your review.

2. BearCWY

BearCWY Well-Known Member

Well for today's shave I used my T-400 boar knot, and man is it stiff. A real scrubber at first, but I'm sure it will break in nicely. I am pleased with all the knots I have so far for my T-400, synthetic, boar, silver tip, and the 26mm HMWB. all of them have preformed well on there initial use. I have more knots to come and will do a full review on them all. All knots were purchased through and set by Vlasta, I am still waiting on a 2 band badger and a horse. and then do 1 big review on the brush and all the knots.

RyX, brit, Paul76 and 3 others like this.
  3. RyX

RyX DoH!

Sounds like ours are traveling together Jim. Just got a notification,

"Your item has been processed through our facility in ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) at 8:59 am on September 6, 2018."

That's good news from what I read on THIS ebay discussion site.

"I just got off the phone (after being bounced around by USPS) to a US Customs rep in JFK. I told her my situation (packaged delayed since April 1st) and gave my tracking. She told me that ISC New York (USPS) is NOT customs. It is basically a very large post office, or as the name suggest, international sort center . Essentially parcels that come off the plane in JFK are first manually inspected (x-ray, radar, visual) and those that require more scutiny will go to customs, the others will go to ISC.

She said that if you see "Processed Through Sort Facility ISC New York (USPS)" then your item is at the ISC post office in JFK waiting to be transferred (by plane or vehicle) to your local post office, depending on how far you are from JFK. These parcels will NOT go through customs. If it does go through customs the scan would say "Inbound into customs" first, before being processed through the ISC. "

4. Vlasta

Vlasta Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    Yes post as many SOTD as you can guys!!!

RyX and BearCWY like this.
  5. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

T-400 with TGN Finest

[​IMG]

BearCWY, Paul76, AGHisBBS and 3 others like this.
  6. Vlasta

Vlasta Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    Wow!

BearCWY and Boojum1 like this.
  7. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Just checked my PO Dashboard and the T-400 is expected today. Woo-hoo!
    Expected Delivery by 8:00 PM
    Brush from Hong Kong

AGHisBBS, Boojum1, RyX and 1 other person like this.
  8. BearCWY

Congrats your going to love it! I am thrilled with mine!

RyX likes this.
  9. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    Vlasta, BearCWY, Paul76 and 2 others like this.
  10. BearCWY

RyX and Jayaruh like this.
  11. texasdawg

texasdawg Member

Finally got a picture sized to post. Have already used the brush twice in this picture and it is really turning out to be a nice brush! I need one in boar I believe,,,
    SOTD T400.jpg

Vlasta, brit, Paul76 and 3 others like this.
  12. Vlasta

Vlasta Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    BearCWY and RyX like this.
  13. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    I did a first lathering with the brush. The knot is a silvertip badger. I used Eureka Shaving Soap for the test.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I loaded it for 30 seconds.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I will be putting the brush through its paces next week starting Monday.

[​IMG]

Vlasta, BearCWY, brit and 3 others like this.
  14. RyX

RyX DoH!

I'm still waiting for my T-400. Finally got an update from USPS. It moved from NYC to Opa Locka, FL over the passed 5 days & 2-1/2 hours. That's an average speed of just under 10.5 miles/hour. They are still predicting delivery by 8PM tonight. Can't see it happening.

Vlasta and BearCWY like this.
  15. Jesseix

Jesseix Active Member

These are very sharp looking, congrats gents.
    What is the weight like on these?

Vlasta, BearCWY and RyX like this.
  16. RyX

RyX DoH!

If I recall, around 4 US ounces / 100 grams not counting the knot. While the original Rubberset 400 was cast & hollow, most replica makers are using a better grade of aluminum and machining from a solid billet.

17. BearCWY

They feel a little weighty in the hand but not so much it's uncomfortable to use. The balance on these is on point. It's my favorite brush now. If you like a warm lather and I do, use a good scuttle like a crown king. It heats up the handle too so it stays nice and warm through out your shave.

Vlasta, AGHisBBS and RyX like this.
  18. RyX

RyX DoH!

Hope to join you Jim in breaking in mine. As expected no delivery yesterday. Packages are traveling west with hurricane tail winds. No longer have a projected delivery date but progress is happening!

"Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility." -
    USPS

desire intensifies.gif

Vlasta, BearCWY, Paul76 and 2 others like this.
  19. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    I can identify with your expectations.
    waiting6.jpg

Vlasta, BearCWY, brit and 4 others like this.
  20. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Menthol Monday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Wash
    Ingram Shaving Cream
    Alpha T-400 Silvertip Badger
    Supply Provision
    Schick Proline B20
    CWR
    Osage Rub

My prep was just a cold water rinse. The Ingram Shaving Cream face lathered well with the Alpha T-400 Silvertip Badger brush. I did two passes with the Supply Provision Safety Razor with a Schick Proline B20 blade and ended up with a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, I finished off with Osage Rub. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

This was my first shave with the T-400, and it did not disappoint. It lathered the Ingram like a champ. Steve, you made a winner. Thank you.

Vlasta, brit, AGHisBBS and 3 others like this.