Gamechanger..... RazoRock is on point!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Str8on2, Apr 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    So the RR Game changer is basically a remake of the Gillette (UK) flat bottomed tech, right?

Edit: same shaving profile, I mean.

brit, Frijolero and Linuxguile like this.
  2. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

I though it was more of a stab at the Wolfman .67mm. Joe has even compared it to the Wolfman on several occasions.

Slapo and Frijolero like this.
  3. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    The wolfman is a blatent copy of a flat bottomed tech. Just with more customized options.

Zed117, brit, Frijolero and 1 other person like this.
  4. Linuxguile

Well then, Yes!

Frijolero and PLANofMAN like this.
  5. brit

brit in a box

flat bottomed techs and new hybrids are awesome.

6. luv2shave

luv2shave Active Member

I've not seen Joe say that. Only person I heard saying that was that imcdb project guy Chris on YouTube and I am not sure why the compare !

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

Linuxguile likes this.
  7. Linuxguile

Joe said it on Twitter

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

8. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

The more aggressive base plate .84 dropped about a little over an hour ago on the IB site. They're only selling the base plate so you would need the top cap from the original and subsequent releases of the mild .68 base plate.

Flyingbald and Linuxguile like this.
  9. Linuxguile

Thanks for the heads up! I just ordered one!

Boojum1 and Str8on2 like this.
  10. Str8on2

:happy088:
    Looking forward to your thoughts and impressions on it.....

Linuxguile likes this.
  11. Latherin’ Luddite

Latherin’ Luddite Well-Known Member

Me too..............like a moth to a flame.

Str8on2 likes this.
  12. BigMark83

BigMark83 [...........] this space intentionally left blank

On a scale of 1-10 how aggressive is it? I loathe the mamba. Even with a Feather I can't get an acceptable shave.

Linuxguile likes this.
  13. Latherin’ Luddite

I get acceptable shaves with KAI blades which maybe aren’t as Lazer sharp as Feathers, but they’re a smidge wider and make the Mamba work well.

The GC shaves well with an Astra, and barely feels like I’m shaving. Ironically the ONLY weepers I’ve ever gotten have been with the GC. I think the smooth shave caused complete carelessness and complacency. I’ll show the new baseplate respect.

Str8on2, Jesseix and Linuxguile like this.
  14. GawainandtheGreenKnight

GawainandtheGreenKnight Well-Known Member

me too, and threw in a tub of caries bubbles and noble otter to get free shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Linuxguile likes this.
  15. Jesseix

Jesseix Active Member

You gotta do what you gotta do right? :happy096:

Linuxguile likes this.
  16. BigMark83

BigMark83 [...........] this space intentionally left blank

I need another razor like I need a hole in the head. But this also a hobby.

Linuxguile likes this.
  17. Str8on2

Same here. I exclusively use KAI blades especially in milder feeling razors. The RR Mamba & RR GC being perfect examples. And I've actually had very good success with the Gillette 7 O' Clock SP's (Black Ninja) as well.

I figured, why not? And get the .84 gap base plate. If it improves on efficiency and perhaps just a bit more blade feel while retaining good smoothness, it's a win, win all around.

And for the price of $30 for the plate & $50-$55 for the GC, you're getting an excellently manufactured and precise shaving tool for under a $100. No brainer in my book.....

18. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

It works for me, too. I'm using Feathers in it and it's my top razor, bumping out the General because of its weight, balance and manuverability around tight areas. The shave is just as good, 2 passes plus a little touchup and buffing for BBS -- smooth and efficient all the way.

I'll see about picking up some Kais.

A remarkable razor for $50.

Str8on2 likes this.
  19. Latherin’ Luddite

KAI blades really improve the Mamba, and I already get good performance from the GC with Astras. I’ll give a KAI a spin tomorrow. I JUST shaved.......

20. Latherin’ Luddite

I dropped in a new KAI, and it definitely made the Game Changer into a new animal. After a couple shaves (both three pass) I have respect for its ability to deliver a close shave. However, if there’s such a thing as too much blade feel, this combination qualifies. With an Astra I can shave with less feel and more abandon, and get a good shave in two passes. A KAI is a little too much of a good thing, and throws off the GC’s geometry .......for me at least. I still haven’t tried a Feather or Persona, but suspect they’ll act more like an Astra. Which might be fantastic.

In the meantime my new .84 baseplate came today, so I’ve got it set up with a new Astra for tomorrow morning. I’ll have 36hrs of growth ready to test with. Stay tuned. :cool:

DesertTime and Str8on2 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.