Poll: Arko vs. Williams

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by DaltonGang, Nov 28, 2016.

?

Which do you prefer, if you had to choose between the two?

1. Arko

2. Williams

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Weasel640

Weasel640 Well-Known Member

On a side note; The Arko sticks do fit great in the Williams Top Holder containers. Although snug in the tin version, the Bakelite/Marbelite version offers a better fit.

4.jpg

2. Lancre

Lancre Well-Known Member

I stand corrected. On sticks I would agree. However, the poll at the head of this thread did not specify sticks, and I was commenting on Arko vs. Williams in general.

RyX likes this.
  3. RyX

RyX DoH!

That's tube my vintage Williams was in when I found it, but missing the cap.
    Williams strick.gif

4. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I made a shave stick with a modern cake of Williams. It seems to work even better after being grated. Well worth the time. I think a few guys added menthol too. Not my thing but they liked it.

RyX and Zykris like this.
  5. brit

brit in a box

is the second one listed any good?

6. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

All of them are good....

Frijolero, RyX and brit like this.
  7. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    According to Fuzzy, they're all good. :)

brit likes this.
  8. brit

brit in a box

just curious, the recent one i purchased lists potassium stearate as the first and sodium tallowate as the second ingredient....

RyX likes this.
  9. RyX

RyX DoH!

If I comprehend Joseph's @Primotenore listing, you have Modern Williams. Did it come in a white paper box with blue print? [​IMG]

Tapatalk Via Kyocera

Paul Turner and brit like this.
  10. Lancre

Lancre Well-Known Member

Is this what you're refering to? It's the current production.
    [​IMG]
    See post 754 or thereabouts in the "shave with Williams Mug shave soap" thread for more detailed comments.

11. brit

brit in a box

thats what i am refering to ,but i can t read the writing in your pic.. thank you..

12. brit

brit in a box

yes, mine has some french on it as well due to canadian import ..

RyX likes this.
  13. Lancre

Lancre Well-Known Member

See my post 754 in the "shave with Williams Mug shave soap" thread for a clearer picture. Apparently coping it from there to here didn't work out so well.

brit likes this.
  14. brit

brit in a box

same stuff as i have.. ,works well.. just a different box..thank you..

15. Weasel640

Weasel640 Well-Known Member

Well since it was in direct response to me talking about the Stick only, it did seem out of place...

Yeah that's a shame that you are missing the top. It is unfortunate, but it happens I see them on the bay from time to time with no tops as well.

Of the two Bakelite ones that I have, the threading is different on both tops. So even if someone tried to recreate a top there would be no guarantee it would fit.

RyX likes this.
  16. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Arko is a good soap, but now a days, I am more of a Williams guy. I haven't used Arko in many moons. Last June for the Arko Cream and last December for the Arko stick. I guess I should break it out and use it for a week or so just for the fun of it.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. RyX

RyX DoH!

I ought to go dig through my jug-o-caps.
    Jug - O - Caps.gif Started collecting them to fit on vintage glass bottles for decanting AS. Just might have one that fits assuming old Imperial threads. So many Metric products these days.

DaltonGang, AGHisBBS and Frijolero like this.
  18. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I'm going to have to find some vintage Williams Soap, to see what all the fuss is about.

AGHisBBS, Frijolero and RyX like this.
  19. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

Toughest POLL EVER!!!!!!

AGHisBBS and Frijolero like this.
  20. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

At 67-32 in favor of Arko I would have to say the toughness of the poll cannot pertain to the results. In fact, I just DID say that :))

AGHisBBS, Frijolero and BigD like this.