Anyone getting in on the Ascension?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Ambrose21, Sep 13, 2018.

1. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

I was going to amend my post above to include essentially this, you saved me the trouble.

2. Dansco

Dansco Well-Known Member

I don't believe I have added any further discussion. As you said, it's not hugely relevant to the conversation.

My two cents was simply that I can't stand the way the website is written and I don't want to buy one.

BigMark83 likes this.
  3. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

They have a ignore button or you could start your own forum and ban people who make comments you don't like. Open forum and all you know.

vinny g and BigMark83 like this.
  4. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Rather ironic post.

5. BigMark83

BigMark83 [...........] this space intentionally left blank

I don't plan on it my good sir, and I will state my opinion if I please, carry on and have a wonderful day.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
  6. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    I have never had a "clogging " problem with my "mildest" razor: Feather AS-D2. IMO, lather that is not hydrated enough is the cause.

wchnu and Frijolero like this.
  7. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Henry Ford was no saint either.

brit likes this.
  8. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And that's what I have to say. :eatdrink013:

brit, Frijolero, Dansco and 3 others like this.
  9. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Well I do use the ignore button alot. But other then Spamers I have never banned anyone. :D

Enrico likes this.
  10. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

It is worth arguing just to see that dog. Lshmsfoaidmt....

brit and Enrico like this.
  11. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

That wasn't actually the ironic part but I will focus on product comments hereon.

Linuxguile, wchnu and Enrico like this.
  12. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I've ignored a few people, but a month or two later I unignore them. If they're still a putz I permanently ignore them. I use it as a time out for bad behavior.

Unfortunately there are some (I liked, and were characteristically grumpy) that were showed to the door.

Grumpy people I like ..... mean people :ban:

just my thoughts ......:eatdrink013:

brit and Frijolero like this.
  13. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

As for the Ascension; it looks interesting, but I've only purchased three modern razors. A Fatip Grande (sold, not for me), Edwin Jagger DE89 (sold, great, but lack of use) and a Ikon SBS (haven't tried yet, need handle). Not that modern are no good, but I'm have fun with vintage right now.

By the way for those that don't know this .... I'm CHEAP, CHEAP, CHEAP like a little bird. :)

picturerock likes this.
  14. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Good thoughts.

Enrico likes this.
  15. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Get around to the SBS, I'm curious to hear your thoughts on it. I find it more interesting than successful but I have not shaved that much with it.

Enrico likes this.
  16. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I'm in the process of purchasing a handle from Maggard's; probably test it out next week or so. I'll let you know, but right now I'm in Schicktember (Krona). :)

17. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Oh, i remember well. His scandal made for some very good reading. It turned me off of anything he was associated with.

Enrico and BigMark83 like this.
  18. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I'd rather not rehash the entire article that you speak of here, but if you have the links to said article please PM them to me for me to read at my leisure; I'd appreciate it.

Thank you in advance.

19. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I'm not re-reading the entire episode, so i will let you have at it. Suffice it to say, character means a lot to me, and my purchasing.

https://www.badgerandblade.com/foru...en-watching-the-downfall-of-htgam-ppf.429635/

In a nutshell, Douglas Smythe was caught pretending to be someone/something he wasn't. Kind of a "Stolen Valor" thing. This scandal caused the name change from "How To Grow A Mustache" to "PAA".

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
    BigMark83 likes this.
  20. picturerock

picturerock Well-Known Member

Back on topic. Used mine for the first time today. Very light razor, but in spite of that it exudes quality. Very tightly made.

Loaded it up with a Derby blade, lathered up, and tested away. Two passes and no need for touch up. Excellent quality shave, almost or as good as my R1 gives. Next, I'll try adjusting the blade and see what difference, if any, that makes. I've actually got it set almost too aggressive right now. In summary, an excellent little razor, super light, but seems very nicely made.

I'm glad I got it.

[​IMG]