The Clubman Exchange

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Paul Turner, Jun 3, 2018.

1. CrustyCat

CrustyCat Well-Known Member

Clubman is my go to aftershave. Like the way it makes my face feel.

2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Which one do you have, the Original, or others?

Edison Carter likes this.
  3. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

4. CrustyCat

CrustyCat Well-Known Member

Original. That's all that's available in local stores.

5. Paul Turner

The way I have things lined up this winter(current and planned future purchases)., my Special Reserve A.S. expects to be used along with various soaps, not just one or two.

6. Paul Turner

I'll have the opportunity to shampoo with Clubman Country Club for a couple days next week(if not more). It's a classic.

AGHisBBS and dmshaver like this.
  7. dmshaver

dmshaver Well-Known Member

Countryclub Clubman shampoo is great! I use it a couple of times a week. I love getting that whiff of clubman as I’m lathering my hair.

AGHisBBS and Paul Turner like this.
  8. RyX

RyX DoH!

SOTD 09222018.gif My sample of Hendrix Classics & Co. shave soap has given quite a few uses. I suspect a full sized tub would last a long time. Good slick lather with the residual slipperiness I like. Even better - it pairs well with Clubman.

9. cpool222

cpool222 Well-Known Member

I haven’t read the whole thread, but wondering which of the booze scented Clubman aftershaves people are liking?

Paul Turner and RyX like this.
  10. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

So, I did a thing yesterday. I bought my first bottle of Clubman.
    Been wet shaving close to 3 years, and had never tried it.
    Now I know what I am missing!
    Thanks for allowing me to join the club!

11. Paul Turner

I only have one so far-the Gent's Gin. As I explained in an earlier post, I was trying to get Whiskey Woods but that one was sold out at the time, so I shrugged my shulders and went for Gent's Gin. I like it. Nice facial feel. Some video guys say that is the only one of the three to avoid in winter, but it isn't as cold as , say, Skin-Bracer, or Aqua Velva. You do get that "tingly-cool" sensation, though. I'm glad Clubman came out with these "booze scents"(to paraphrase you).

Edison Carter likes this.
  12. Paul Turner

Good to have you in :).

13. pisces_0

pisces_0 Well-Known Member

Decant it into a glass container, let it "breathe" and settle out for a while.

It gets even better...

RyX likes this.
  14. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Now you need to get Special Reserve .... I could use it exclusively the rest of my life. :)

RyX, Edison Carter and Paul Turner like this.
  15. RyX

RyX DoH!

If you like Clubman, watch for Canoe by Dana. Very similar scent in the Old School barbershop tradition. Clubman is a lotion with some great post shave face feel. Canoe is available as AS and cologne, and shows up on discount racks right after Christmas and Father's day.

Tapatalk via LG

Enrico and Edison Carter like this.
  16. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Also Blue Blazer form Avon is very similar. :)

Edison Carter and RyX like this.
  17. RyX

RyX DoH!

That's an Avon I've not seen here on the South Coast. Either those that purchased or were gifted liked it and used it up, or regional variations so it didn't sell much here. The second hand Avon market offers too much Wild Country.

18. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

It's (Blue Blazer) rare everywhere.

RyX likes this.
  19. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

I'm formulating my thoughts of two of the new pinaud scents.
    First splash of gents gin, i was disappointed. I thought it be very ginny. But with a generous amount of lime. I had all but decided against it, when the wife noticed and declared she liked it. Second look, it did dry better, and stuck around a while, maybe not as bad as i thought. Still SEC is a better choice to me.
    Whisky woods, now we're talkin', first snort I'm a likin', sort of a milder version of special reserve, reminded me of a say, fine american blend. Nicely woody with a rich cologny leathery element, the bergamot is there but not out front, I'm liking this one. Hope it has staying power.

RyX and Paul Turner like this.
  20. Paul Turner

The source Men's Grooming Lab lists Clubman Original A.S. as its second most popular aftershave for this year(2018).

AGHisBBS and RyX like this.