NB '18

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by CliffDweller, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

That's an entirely reasonable decision, Paul. When your favourite maker is closing shop and your choice is to get your resupply NOW or never get it at all, I think you would have to be an idiot to let something like a self-imposed arbitrary NB'18 prevent you from doing so. And as you say -- that doesn’t mean you now have to run wild with orders. The purpose of an NB is to impose some restraint on an out-of-control buying habit. You've done that with a 9 month pause and can continue for another 3 if you want even if you are "officially out".

mrchick, Frijolero and Paul Turner like this.
  2. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Except for the people who did attain it. ;)

AGHisBBS and mrchick like this.
  3. Bama Samurai

Look back a couple years. TSD store has always been ok. Any activity which discourages financial support of TSD (most users provide no financial support whatsoever) is really misguided.

4. Dansco

Dansco Well-Known Member

Not saying he shouldn't buy from TSD store... just that he's made more than one purchase.

It was meant to be a joke anyway... I don't really care who's in and who isn't. I'm certainly not.

Paul Turner and Screwtape like this.
  5. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

But the "more than one purchase" was not done through the internet. Just locally, thus nothing too fancy. There's No Pasteur Pharmacy in my tow........yet(lol). Drugstores, Dollar-Tree. I suppose my "own rule" was-if I can ship it home in my car, I'm safe. Well, I'm out anyway.

AGHisBBS, Screwtape and Dansco like this.
  6. Dansco

Dansco Well-Known Member

Haha no need to explain yourself Paul... I was just having a laugh. Sorry!

Paul Turner and Screwtape like this.
  7. Paul Turner

Ahh, it's all right. We're good. :)

Dansco likes this.
  8. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I guess. I don't by into, it's my honest opinion, anyone who comes to any type of forum and participates on a daily or weekly basis can not abstain from buying said forum focus. We are human and want to be apart of the bigger picture, which in wet shaving is buying the newest and latest/greatest shaving goodie.

Paul Turner and brit like this.
  9. brit

brit in a box

i would like to think i wouldn t buy anything but if something interesting comes up.....hoping to try NB 19 but you know.....

Paul Turner likes this.
  10. dbersh

dbersh Well-Known Member

Still in and fully expect to make it my 3rd straight year of NB and will likely continue to NB ‘19.
    It’s a blessing and a curse to be content in what I have. But after my first year of going overboard, I can finally say that DE shaving is now saving me money. :)

jtspartan, brit, Frijolero and 4 others like this.
  11. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    You, sir, are in a VERY exclusive club.

12. CliffDweller

CliffDweller Well-Known Member

Good on you! I am on a similar path but a little behind you... rounding into my 2nd year and heading strong into year 3. Next year by my estimates I'll also be in that magic territory of DE saving money. Good times.

dbersh, AGHisBBS and Frijolero like this.
  13. Bama Samurai

What if the bigger picture is that material things cannot supply lasting satisfaction?

Erik Redd, CarlfromMO and AGHisBBS like this.
  14. CliffDweller

CliffDweller Well-Known Member

Here we are in the home stretch of the year... November. I am still going strong.

AGHisBBS, dbersh, mrchick and 2 others like this.
  15. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    :happy096: Good for you.

16. CarlfromMO

CarlfromMO Well-Known Member

I see a spin-off thread for 2019. "The minimalist shaver". Nothing on the shelf that isn't used EVERY day.

That would be an exclusive club indeed, but how many of our g-fathers and Great g-fathers did exactly that. They just called it "life", and they were happy to have one tuck of blades.

mrchick likes this.
  17. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

Well, temporary satisfaction is better than no satisfaction at all.

18. Bama Samurai

Are we confusing "pleasure" with "happiness", perhaps?

19. Paul Turner

Oh wow...Mick was so young then.

20. dbersh

dbersh Well-Known Member

Ok folks we’re on the tail end of this. Besides me, who’s still in?