Wilkinson Sword Boar

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by DaltonGang, Sep 27, 2018.

1. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Wilkinson Sword Boar
    Solingen Germany
    $6.90 shipped

This was inspired by @Number six . The knot is about 18-20mm, and not densely packed. Once wet, the Boar Funk came on, but not as strong as others I've had. From the beginning of the lathering, it was a heavy shedder. But, by the end of the shave, it shed almost no hairs. I did some practice(Break-in) lathering too. It is a somewhat soft brush, and once broken in, should make for a fine daily driver.

P9270573.JPG

2. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Did it stop shedding because it ran out of bristles? :happy097:

3. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

But seriously, it looks sharp!

Paul76 and Douglas Carey like this.
  4. DaltonGang

Noooo, that would have been my Burma Shave Boar brush. Time will tell On this Wilkie Brush.

5. brit

brit in a box

used a couple of these for 10 plus+ years with cart razors and williams/ wilkinson sword puck soap.worked well considering i hadn t a clue how to use/ maintain it properly. first one fell apart after a few years. second one works well and i have used it occasionally since starting de .
    readily available everywhere here, next to the $ 30 tweezerman brush (junk,don t buy) in some drugstores...

mvd, RyX, DaltonGang and 1 other person like this.
  6. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

My first brush was an Omega 40033 for about $7. It went around the world with me, and I still have and use it today. Does it loose an occasional hair yes, but it's still a great brush. If a Wilkinson brush is made with a good knot then its a keeper. :happy088:

RyX, brit and DaltonGang like this.
  7. DaltonGang

Wilkinson Sword Boar Brush. 2nd time using.

Less of a Boar Butt smell. It also only shed 3 hairs, from the time I loaded, until the time I was finished, and rinsed. None happened while lathering. It looks like this is getting better.

RyX, Zykris and Enrico like this.
  8. brit

brit in a box

my wilky and a newly acquired copy of my first omega boar from shoppers drug mart ..london drugs has a 2 for $11 ish deal on wilki brushes right now... 20180929_114337.jpg

mvd, Zykris, DaltonGang and 1 other person like this.
  9. DaltonGang

Shave 3 with the Wikie

Only 1 hair lost, and it is soft as can be. Very little Boar funk smell. Lathers great.

brit and Zykris like this.
  10. Number six

Number six Well-Known Member

Thanks for the write up... does the handle have a slightly soft feel to it?

11. DaltonGang

Day 4 use.
    The hairs are getting softer. Only one hair lost. @Number six , the plastic handle is very hard plastic. I do like the feel of this brush. This knot would be nice if you had a small handle that needed knot replacement.

12. DaltonGang

Have you used the Wilkie Brush yet?

brit likes this.
  13. brit

brit in a box

i have test lathered the one shown , but have my original that i use occasionally. this one shedded a few hairs like they all do., at least mine did.

DaltonGang likes this.
  14. mvd

mvd Well-Known Member

I have that Shoppers Omega too. I made it my mission to break it in...and triumphed, kind of. For me, it only broke in so far and then stopped. It remains a great scrubby brush, though, and I still reach for it--especially if I am trying to use up a soap.

brit likes this.
  15. brit

brit in a box

mine is a replacement; a month after i bought the first one i soaked it and the handle split open i 2 places...

mvd likes this.
  16. brit

brit in a box

i just test lathered it again. i will use this brush for the rest of the month if you want comparison tests.its a work horse brush.gary

DaltonGang likes this.
  17. brit

brit in a box

20181001_223119.jpg

Frijolero and DaltonGang like this.
  18. DaltonGang

Sounds like a good experiment. I will use mine, as long as I can, until I get really bored.

brit likes this.
  19. brit

brit in a box

sounds good...

20. DaltonGang

Day 5

The Wilkie didn't shed any hairs, and not any detectable Boar Funk. Very nice, soft, little brush.

PA020588.JPG

Enrico and brit like this.