Need information on Zenith Chubby Scrubby B27 - Large knot resin handle boar brush 28/55mm

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by SpeedyPC, Oct 2, 2018.

1. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Well-Known Member

G'day Den,

Anybody owned a Zenith Chubby Scrubby B27 boar brush 28/55mm knot, I'm asking what is your reviews and thoughts about this boar brush? I'm told from there side of the story outside from P&C forum is by far better than the Semogue SOC, 2000 and Omega version.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Frijolero, RyX and brit like this.
  2. Dansco

Dansco Well-Known Member

Looks like a nice handle

AGHisBBS likes this.
  3. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    This brush is the rebranded Mondial (or maybe it's the other way around, not sure). BEST boar knot I have ever owned. Better than Semogue, Thäter and Omega.
    The handles are beefy and ergonomic. Soft "out of the gate".
    Highest recommendation. :happy088::happy088:

Frijolero, RyX and SpeedyPC like this.
  4. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

I have the smaller version. 24/50mm I think. I found it scrubby to a fault. No splay at all. Zenith makes wonderful brushes generally. I have a couple of others that I love. But that particular one I probably will never use again.

5. Primotenore

Article Team
    Well I have the 26mm Mondial, so it might indeed be a different animal altogether.
    The more I think about it, my loft is far taller, so this scrubby is probably really scrubby. Not for me.
    I do love my Mondial. :love055:

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
    Frijolero likes this.
  6. Mike Brown

Mike Brown Well-Known Member

I have a Zenith 28/60 and it is a fine brush. The Zenith is a quality product but cannot compare to Semogue as they do not have a knot that large. I have several Omegas with 27 and 28 knots. In comparing Zenith and Omega, I would give Zenith an edge, nicer handles and knots about the same or just a tad denser. I use large boars about 90% of the time----have a 29/65 on order now. I also love all my Semogues, just wish they would make some larger brushes! I am sorry if this is a little help, but it is hard to compare items unlike. I wouldn't have a single doubt ordering another Zenith boar.

RyX and Frijolero like this.
  7. SpeedyPC

I've pulled the pin and ordered the B27 brush :happy088:

clint64, Frijolero and RyX like this.
  8. spicedporkandham

spicedporkandham New Member

I think you mean trigger.

Frijolero, RyX and SpeedyPC like this.
  9. RyX

RyX DoH!

That may depend on his significant other's opinion of shave related purchases.
    I like the delayed gratification of tracking a purchase as it travels from point A to my home.
    Chuck Norris Grenade.jpg

10. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

I didn't need another brush but I just ordered the B27 as well.

11. Primotenore

Article Team
    I've heard that you don't even need to shave after face-lathering with this brush...:happy097:

Linuxguile, RyX, SpeedyPC and 2 others like this.
  12. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

But you might need a skin graft. :happy102:

Primotenore and clint64 like this.
  13. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

I bet it does give a good scrub face lathering. :happy102: I'll soon find out.

Frijolero and Primotenore like this.
  14. SpeedyPC

[​IMG]

15. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

My B27 arrived today. You can safely say, the brush has some serious backbone. I will give it a go tomorrow.

SpeedyPC, RyX and Primotenore like this.
  16. RyX

RyX DoH!

I like a new Omega boar brush for the scrubby breaking in period. Be watching your SOTD's for mention of this brush as it's of similar knot to the O's, but nicer handles.