Rockwell 6S first impressions

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by McCrae, Oct 6, 2018.

Tags:
  1. McCrae

McCrae Well-Known Member

Just received my Rockwell 6S last night and ended up trying it out this morning, and holy balls is it nice! I've been wet shaving for only 6 months now using the Edwin Jagger DE89, it's a great razor don't get me wrong, but I've always felt something was a bit off in my shaves. I've come to the conclusion that the de89 was just too mild for me, I ended up needing to do around 4 passes in order to get a bbs shave, which came with some irritation around the neck/jaw area. I decided I needed something more aggressive and the Rockwell seemed to good to pass up, and it really is good. I started with setting 5 for the fist couple of passes using Gillette Silver Blues (wtg, xtg), and it just cut like butter with no irritation or cuts. I switched to the 4 plate for the ATG pass and ended up getting just a couple of nicks on my neck (near the adams apple) but that's my usual trouble spot. But throughout each pass, the shave felt super smooth. Next time I'll use a lower setting for the ATG pass and see how that goes.

All in all, I'm really happy with this razor, the weight feels amazing as well, you can literally let the weight of the razor do the work, as they say.

Tdmsu, Enrico, RyX and 4 others like this.
  2. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Very nice. I've yet to try my Rockwell, it's still in the box. :(

McCrae likes this.
  3. McCrae

McCrae Well-Known Member

You're missing out, friend.

jwr3265 and Tdmsu like this.
  4. GoHabs

GoHabs New Member

My Rockwell 6 S on plate #4 is my desert island razor.

Hembree, jwr3265 and Tdmsu like this.
  5. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

My Rockwell 6s with the R6 plate is my favorite.

GoHabs and McCrae like this.