Certifyd 6

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Jrdelgado, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Jrdelgado

Jrdelgado Well-Known Member

Hello everyone. I have recently received a certifyd 6 brush. I have been slowly restoring it so I can use it. I love the red top. I got the old knot out as it was in bad shape and I stripped the finish off. That being said I got my micrometer and it measured 30.84 inside the band. I am looking to purchase a 30mm brush. I know several of you here are very educated on brush making and restoration. Do you think that 30mm is the correct size to put in the brush if it measures that or should I go smaller? Also do you have a suggestion for the knot?

Enrico and jimjo1031 like this.
  2. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

The glue bump of the knot can be a particular PITA. I would suggest going to a 28mm knot; this way you'd be able to set it to a depth YOU desire and not have your depth dictated to you by the glue bump. Honestly, you won't miss the size loss. This only my opinion.

3. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I agree with @Enrico, 28mm would be the one to get.

Enrico, Jrdelgado and Douglas Carey like this.
  4. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

I agree with @Enrico and @jimjo1031. 28mm should do the trick. Take some photos of the handle and post your progress.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
    Enrico, Jrdelgado and jimjo1031 like this.
  5. Jrdelgado

Jrdelgado Well-Known Member

Will do. I have already started the process but will post tonight. I have a certifyd 3 and 4 already. 3 is still factory 4 has been reknotted. I’m looking to get a 5. Not that I need more brushes.......

Enrico and Douglas Carey like this.