Bay Rum Aftershave Splashes

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by TraderJoe, Feb 4, 2007.

1. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

I held back because of the vacation thing !
    OH ! def. a review Michael when you get them..

Never tried Bayrum in my life yet I only have half a puck of custom made for you bayrum shave soap here smells nice.

2. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

3. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

I haven't tried that one, but it does look eerily similar to the Dominica, although the label clearly states this one is distributed by "Body Crystal...whereas Dominica is distributed by CA Antilles. :think002

4. DragonBoy

DragonBoy Team Player

Hey Joe, any news on the Ogalla.. Inquiring minds wanna know... Have a good weekend.. ::

5. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Its in, its very good (1st use this AM), and a full review will be forthcoming :happy088

A couple thoughts - cologne and aftershave different beast, both in terms of scent & ingredients. I especially like the aftershave, its the most moisturizing splash I've used thus far.

The bay-rum scent is very much unlike others I've used....but more on that later :D

6. DragonBoy

DragonBoy Team Player

Cool ! Cannot wait !!

7. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

a delightful bay rum cologne is Burt's Bees, and Pinaud Bay Rum is one of my favorite a/sahves.

Jeff

8. Zachster

Zachster Member

I'm a fan of Dominica. Tried others, but this seems the most natural to me (especially compared to Pinaud). I am really tempted by that gallon bottle of Master, though....

9. Edcculus

Edcculus Resident Bay Rummy

Lets get on it brother!

10. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Who me? :D

I've got some new swag on the way: Professor Patton's

[​IMG]

Maybe a head-to-head competition between the Ogallala and the Patton's? :eek:

11. fritz

fritz New Member

Pardon me if this is a stupid question, but couldn't you just take your favorite Bay Rum without glycerin and pour a little glycerin into it? Shake well.

12. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

::git Ya know - that's a great idea! Way to think outside the box. I'll give it a try. :happy088

13. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Where's the best place to buy St John's Bay Rum? How about Ogallala? Merci!

14. Will

Will Nevermind

My Bay Rum pick so far.

Burts Bees ASB.
    St Johns AS/EDC.

15. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

St. Johns = http://www.stjohnsbayrum.com/
    Ogallala = ebay.com

:D

16. Smedley

Smedley New Member

Michelsens = not very impressive

Nice scent, but then quickly vanishes. Like, within minutes on my face. :(

17. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

How novel! Now why didn't I think of that?! :rolleyes: (Actually, I DID think of that, but just wondered if there were other places that might be less expensive, faster, free shipping........whatever.) Thanks, Joe.

18. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

History Lesson-St John's Bay Rum

So far, I have Master and Royall Bay Rum - plus the Ogallala I ordered today. Oh, and the Goatboy soap. Thought it might be interesting to concoct my own. As I was looking for a Bay Rum aftershave recipe, I came across this article. Thought some of you BR Junkies (who shall remain nameless) might find it interesting.

http://www.virginislandsdailynews.com/index.pl/article_home?id=17595258

PS: Got tired of waiting for Joe's full review of Ogallala so I ordered the AS/Cologne 2-pak plus one of those cool 4oz cobalt bottles with the glass stopper (with the aftershave label of course). We shall see...

19. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

I know I like the Ogallala Bay Rum.

20. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Good to hear, Rich. Is it anything like Master? That's my favorite sent of the bunch (so far).