Some soaps you won't buy again?

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Rusty blade, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

I’m a big B&M fan but their Sinfonia scent is horribly offputting to me. Jasmine/Apricot are not necessarily on my favorite list but this scent combo has an odd smell that I cant get past.

2. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

I had not seen this thread before today.

There are many products listed here that I would not buy again.

An interesting thing to point out is that there are no negative things said about TSD products that I have seen, and only one positive thing said about TSD products.

It is a shame that the TSD store is shutting down. I am happy that I bought a box full of goodies before they are gone.

Paul Turner, RyX, brit and 1 other person like this.
  3. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

That's a pretty comprehensive list.

Primotenore and brit like this.
  4. Rusty blade

Rusty blade The Good Humor Man

Any scented soap. I have turned a new leaf and will only buy unscented soaps from this point forward.

PLAla, RyX and Frijolero like this.
  5. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Polarizing scents, indeed, except the Bay Rum and Seville, IMO.

Oasisdave likes this.
  6. Primotenore

Article Team
    It's a work in progress. Keep in mind, that I'll probably still be using the listed soaps for the foreseeable future, however, the question was "what soaps you won't buy again?". I am not even saying that I don't like these soaps, I just won't be replacing them.

7. Oasisdave

Oasisdave Active Member; radioactive

I had Seville as well as Cheshire in the White label version both of which I found to be nice scents. Just not ones I used too often so ended up selling or trading away. It's funny how some are partial to certain artisans scents. I know many who absolutely love just about anything that B&M comes out with. For me when I think of artisans that have great scents it's CRSW, Mystic Water, Eufros, and GroomingDept. But that the great thing, the variety, and they all make great soaps.

Paul Turner, Frijolero and RyX like this.
  8. Primotenore

Article Team
    There you go, all subjective. I am not a fan of CRSW scents.

Hodge, Frijolero and RyX like this.
  9. Laird

Laird Well-Known Member

Geo. F. Trumper Eucris hard soap puck in the black bowl. Beautiful scent, completely useless as a shave soap. I use the Eau de Toilette but will never buy another Trumper soap. Ever.
    Proraso White tub or tube. Performs well but I prefer the Green Line if I'm going with "cooling" and the Proraso Red Line if I'm going warm for fall/winter.

10. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Probably not any Tobacco soap, unless there's an additional "cooling" ingredient.

11. Paul Turner

I'm seriously thinking about the Texas Leather. It sounds great-I just have to hope it sounds&SMELLS great to others.

12. Paul Turner

Love your avatar....my family's favorite dog was a Springer.

13. Paul Turner

I was recently PIFed a Panna Crema, in fact I'm going to try it in a week or so. Thanks for the tip-I'll watch out for this.

KLF likes this.
  14. Paul Turner

About the Mystic Water BR-she says it's light in the clove department. Would you agree?

jwr3265 and Oasisdave like this.
  15. Paul Turner

Well, it's a great way to get whatever aftershave you like.

16. Oasisdave

Oasisdave Active Member; radioactive

Yes I would, that's the main reason I still have it. Actually a really nice scent.

jwr3265 and Paul Turner like this.
  17. Paul Turner

I'm interested in buying a soap from Mystic...probably next year. I like her choice variety.

18. Demidog

Demidog Well-Known Member

I feel kind of bad talking about this sort of thing since the community aspect of shaving is really emphasized on forums.

Luckily I don't have to put anyone down - I've enjoyed a few of the soaps that I've used but I can't imagine that I'd buy any of them ever again because I've been glued to creams ever since trying them.

19. bayercy

bayercy Well-Known Member

I would not buy again:
    Saponificio Varesino soaps... I tried Cosmo and Felce Aromatica. I did not like both. Protection was bad.
    Blueness, Derby, Fume , Turkish soaps. The only good Turkish shaving soap is Arko, IMO.
    Palmolive and Lea stick soaps.
    Speick Active soap in bowl.
    Wilkinson Sword soap in bowl.
    MWF. I purchased 6 years ago. I do not think i could finish it in my life.

Primotenore and PLAla like this.
  20. Primotenore

Article Team
    One of the few MW soaps that didn't remain in my den. The others being Marrakesh and Lime.