Summer Break Soaps (Updated with PICS)

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by SThomas92, Oct 19, 2018.

1. SThomas92

SThomas92 Member

Hey Guys, just wanted to start a discussion about this new company. Has anyone tried it? Thoughts?

I tried it, and LOVED it. The performance really stood out. It's slickness can def hang with my favorite soaps: Stirling, AYLM, WSP, and Van Yulay. Well, that's about all I've tried since I am still relatively new.

It has a great ingredients list profile, and includes bentonite clay, which I assume attributes the slickness. Let me know if anyone else has enjoyed it or found something slicker!

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
  2. RyX

RyX DoH!

They have some interesting scent mixes. I like the theme of School that follows through out.

@SThomas92 - can you make a lather and post a photo? Seeing a brush (and bowl) full of thick glossy ready to shave goodness makes for some high quality Enabling!

3. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Glad to hear they are good quality. As an educator I appreciate the sentiment and ideas behind all the names. I'd like to try them out sometime soon.

4. SThomas92

SThomas92 Member

Absolutely! I will post a picture after tonight's shave. Stay tuned. :)

Shadow Shaver and RyX like this.
  5. SThomas92

SThomas92 Member

Alrighty, gentlemen! Lathered up for a nice shave (and beer):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The scent I used was "Everything Nice". The owner made it in celebration of their newborn, so the scent smells strong of baby powder. It's the best baby powder you'll ever smell, but hey, it's still baby powder (take from that what you will). I would not mind trying their Barber Shop scent, "Picture Day".

But the scent is not necessarily the strong-suit of this particular soap - it is the slickness and residual slickness as a result of the bentonite clay.

I also highly recommend the Icey Stare aftershave! They use an alternative to menthol for the cooling if I am correct. The strong cooling effect lingers for a quite a while, and then fades into a blissful calm feeling on your skin as a result of the aloe.

I then finished off the shave with unscented Chatillon Lux salve to give the skin a nice condition. Hope you guys can give it a try and let me know what you think! I am not affiliated with Summer Break, just appreciated the performance out of the shaves I have had thus far.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
  6. RyX

RyX DoH!

For me that's the #1 requirement of a lather.

Having not just a scent I can tolerate, but that I enjoy is also important. There's a couple I'd consider trying.

Since they sit in a cabinet while I'm not using them, the label less so but these folks put some time into their theme so it's a plus.

Good looking lather shots @SThomas92!
    Thank for taking the time to share ;)

Shadow Shaver and SThomas92 like this.
  7. Str8 Shaver

Str8 Shaver Well-Known Member

looking forward to using History 101 today... I am expecting great things! ;)

Paul Turner, SThomas92 and RyX like this.
  8. john zeiger

john zeiger Well-Known Member

Thank you for posting.

SThomas92 likes this.
  9. SThomas92

SThomas92 Member

Awesome, interested to see if you liked it!

10. Str8 Shaver

taken from my recent SotD..
    History 101... I had high expectations for this, and it did not disappoint.. now, for me, the Black Ninja is not a blade to be trifled with, and this Summer Break Soap took everything in its stride... lush, slick, and protective, in fact, I made extra passes just for the fun of it.. can't say fairer than that, eh? :love055:

M14Shooter, Paul Turner and PLAla like this.
  11. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Can we have a link please?

12. SThomas92

SThomas92 Member

Fantastic. How did you like the scent?

Paul Turner likes this.
  13. SThomas92

SThomas92 Member

14. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

As a former teacher I love the names. And the scents look like interesting blends. (Also, I like the fact that their “Everything Nice” soap will be used to raise money for a children’s hospital.)

PLAla and Paul Turner like this.
  15. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

That one would be my choice, too.

Str8 Shaver likes this.
  16. Paul Turner

Educators like you wouldn't want to use "Shhhhhh" too often, eh? :)

PLAla likes this.
  17. richgem

Paul Turner likes this.
  18. richgem

oscar11 likes this.
  19. Paul Turner

I'll take you up on that....if I get the History 101 and use it, and no one throughout the day tells me I look dorky, you will have blown THAT baby outta the water. Pressure's on you!! :)

richgem likes this.
  20. Str8 Shaver

it's earthy, and gritty... suits me down to the ground.. :happy088:

SThomas92 likes this.