Secret Santa Wish List 2018

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by macaronus, Oct 21, 2018.

1. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

christmasminions.jpg
    The Official Secret Santa Thread 2018 edition is up and running, so if you've signed up for it, how about dropping some hints here to make it a little easier on your Secret Santa.

A thought from one of the participants: you might consider to list allergies and belief preferences like "vegan", "no tallow", or "no boar". :)

This thread isn't just for the Secret Santa participants, it's open to all the TSD members to post their Holiday Wish List!

For our members that observe Hanukkah, feel free to list a gift for all 8 days. :D

2. Orville

Orville Active Member

I don't like alcohol in my after shave lotions, I'm pretty well stocked up on DE razors and blades and if it's a Maserati, I kinda like White....:happy102:

3. brit

brit in a box

i d like a paa doppelganger shave soap ...or some gillette spoiler blades...tsd soap maybe..

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
    Mike-R41, Sparrow, NCoxSTL and 3 others like this.
  4. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

I have a few sets I have had my eye on for a while. I prefer alcohol splashes to balms. PAA's Dapper Doc, Chiseled Face San Paulo, A&E Asian Plum. I tend to like more floral, citrus, and fruit based scents, and my face doesn't like sandalwood. Honestly, there isn't much I wouldn't be happy with. For hardware, I like boar brushes (haven't tried a Zenith or Stirling yet,) and all kinds of razors.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
  5. Joewa

Joewa Well-Known Member

I am not a picky man.. Sadly my face is picky and reacts poorly to anything with almond, almond oil or Sandalwood in it..

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
  6. Lord Gillette

Lord Gillette Active Member

I'm not sure if I want to participate since I don't have an entire warehouse of shaving gear like most of you.

But my Christmas wish list is this.

one or two big boar brushes like the proraso or omega 49.

a Gillette TTO open comb of some sort. or a Gillette new long/short comb.

:D:D

7. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

A new badger brush would be a nice addition. Something like Stirling's Finest Badger is good or something along those lines.
    I'm a tallow guy, especially mutton tallow so soaps with that are always good.
    Oleo Soapworks - Canard blend (Duck fat) is something I'm very interested in trying.

As for razors? I haven't seen anything lately that has tripped my RAD. A straight or kamisori would probably be my next addition as I plan to focus more on straights next year. As far as DE razors I'm set.

Lather Catchers are on my list. Gem Junior or Kampfe Star. Ok, so add a Muhle R41 or a slant of some type. And that will conclude my wandering dreaming.

No allergies here so no worries.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
  8. RyX

RyX DoH!

When I came out of Lowe's there was a gray one parked nose to nose with my 1986 Ranger. If I was getting a Maserati I might choose one that didn't look like a Mom Van.

I won't be participating in the S.S., but if I was my list is too specific since I've explored my high points in shaving. One day I might try a kamisori and I'm still watching in the wild for a Toggle or a Schick type F.

For those participating in Secret Santa, here's some ideas for packing material to cushion all those shave goodies.

9. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

I am pretty set on hardware so if someone is feeling super generous then I am happy with a Max Sprecher straight or a Varlet brush. One can dream.

On a more realistic note:

After years of chasing every new soap and every suggested great soap I decided this year to focus on reducing the soap inventory. I have only bought 2 new soaps this year and there are allot new ones I am curious to try so here is my wishlist in no specific order:

TSD
    Oleo
    Wholly Kaw
    The Holly Black
    Cella
    Tallow and Steel
    Grooming Department

Last year my secret Santa included a puck of Williams which was a pleasant surprise, despite its reputation it performed nicely for me.

10. JoeB

JoeB Well-Known Member

I'm open to just about anything but wouldn't mind....
    TSD products
    Brush Holders, Razor Holders
    LA Shave Soap Company
    Uncle Jon's Soap
    Wholly Kaw
    Oleo
    Holy Black
    Tallow and Steel
    Homemade stuff
    Pictures

11. jason koonce

jason koonce Well-Known Member

I am open I don't have very much soap, still building my collection. have only used Stirling, arko stick and porasso red.
    I love homemade items as well have only used my @Jayaruh boar brush am interested in trying badger and synthetic's.
    but have been trying to get into straights all I have right now is a double duck satin edge that I am restoring. I have no stones or strops yet but a strop is needed.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
  12. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

First I'll list the things that I don't really think anyone will get me for Christmas but if you don't ask...

Razors:
    Gillette President
    Gillette Diplomat
    Schick Type D
    Schick Type F

Blades:
    Rotbart Extra Dunn DE blades

Now the more reasonable list -

TSD Lanolin Sea Buckthorn soap
    TSD Lanolin Russian Leather soap
    TSD Lanolin Barber Shoppe soap
    TSD Lanolin Mango Coconut soap
    TSD Lanolin Lavender & Rose soap
    TSD Lanolin Brut Type soap
    TSD Lanolin Oakmoss Sandalwood soap
    (and of course any of the matching aftershave splashes and or milks)

Tabula Rasa Vetiver and Tangerine soap
    Black Ship Grooming Philips Fougere soap
    Barrister & Mann Cologne Russe soap
    Valobra Cologne soap
    Valobra Fougere soap
    TOBS Platinum cream
    TOBS no.50 cream
    Simpsons Vanilla and Rose cream
    Simpsons Lavender and Vetivert cream

Taconic unscented PSO

Sparrow, NCoxSTL, Drygulch and 5 others like this.
  13. MoAllen

MoAllen King of Unscented

I don't need any hardware; well, I want a Fat Handled Tech refinished by Delta Echo Razors, but that's just ridiculous!

Back to reality, I would love to receive some soap or cream. The problem is that my skin is very sensitive and I can only use unscented, fragrance-free products on my face. But there are still plenty of great options. Just take a look at all the unscented soaps at Maggards:

http://www.maggardrazors.com/product-category/soaps-creams/unscented-soaps-creams/

I would be delighted with anything on that page. Here are some that jump out:

Siliski soap unscented
    Wholly Kaw unscented
    Chiseled Face unscented
    Stirling unscented with bee's wax
    Declaration grooming unscented

Here's another unscented soap that looks very interesting:

PAA Scentsless in the new CK-6 formula

Another item that I enjoy is coffee. Do you have a local or regional roaster that you like? Or if you are not a coffee drinker, is there some other local treat you like? I would love to give it a try!

Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
    Sparrow, NCoxSTL, Drygulch and 3 others like this.
  14. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

I don't need any razors, although if someone decides to give me a Rex Ambassador or a Karve with a D plate I wouldn't turn my nose up at it. :) (I will graciously accept the Maserati too, in any colour...)

I like homemade brushes (and other items), and haven't tried any of the standard Omega, Semogue or Zenith boars.

In software, I dislike anything with tobacco in it but am otherwise wide open to suggestions. I like lavender scents and also bay rums. I am currently thinking of getting B+M Reserve scents in soaps and splashes and Stirling Bay Rum the same, also Fine Lavender, and Mike's Hungarian Lavender. None of those have made it into my den yet.

15. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

I think I’m OK on hardware.
    I’m almost out of a favorite shave soap Mickey Lee’s The Drunken Goat.
    I would like to try shampoo bars.
    I could use nice bath soap.
    I’m always open to nice after shaves.
    I’m easy

Sparrow, jtspartan, NCoxSTL and 5 others like this.
  16. cliffb599

cliffb599 Well-Known Member

I’m pretty set on hard ware.
    Soaps I have a lot of sterling.

What I’m probably interested in is.
    Oleo soap works
    TSD Barbershop Shop And Aftershave.
    Tallow And Steel.
    I’m a big Barbershop Sent and Tobacco kinda Guy.
    Now if you wanted to Throw in a Razorine Brass that would would make my Christmas
    Thank you all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sparrow, jtspartan, macaronus and 2 others like this.
  17. cliffb599

cliffb599 Well-Known Member

Oh yea almost Forgot.
    Irish Moos shave stick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Sparrow

Sparrow Well-Known Member

I'm in on this for the first time this year. I pretty set with my hardware but there are a few soaps I'm still looking to try...

CRSW
    Grooming Dept.
    Jeeves
    Siliski

Thanks Santa!

19. Mike-R41

Mike-R41 Well-Known Member

Is the secret Santa happening this year I’ve been a member for about 4 months and I wasn’t here last X-mas

20. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

Have you been a good boy?

Queen of Blades and cliffb599 like this.