Jayaruh Owners Club

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Jayaruh, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Briscoe

Briscoe Well-Known Member

Well done Jim !

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Jayaruh #230 is headed to @NCoxSTL in MO. It will be one of three that he has adopted.

JR230_11.jpg

3. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Very well done :). By the way, how's your League of Jim's thread doing?

Jayaruh likes this.
  4. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

:bounce015: Couldn't resist. Awesome looking brush.

5. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    Thanks. The LOJ's have been quiet. However, I have been running into a bunch of Jims in real life. I will have to give the League a bump.

cliffb599, john zeiger and Screwtape like this.
  6. Briscoe

Briscoe Well-Known Member

Iwasaki
    Grooming Dept Soap
    Pinald Clubman
    Sandlewood Preshave
    Jayaruh # 274 Boar my first brush by Jim, and it has really broken in nicely. [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

7. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    Jayaruh #230 got from NC to MO in record time. @NCoxSTL is the new "parent."
    JR230_11.jpg

8. john zeiger

john zeiger Well-Known Member

NCoxSTL likes this.
  9. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Like Jim said, record time on shipping this one. One day from NC to MO has to be some kind of record for the USPS. Beautiful brush that had its first shave last night. Here it is alongside its two brothers, #46 and #54.

JR Family.jpg

10. john zeiger

john zeiger Well-Known Member

Those are some great looking brushes!

11. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    I made this box back in August. I wanted to make a Schick with a matching handle. Well, today, I completed the set by making the handle for the Schick. The handle is made from walnut and is in the shape of an original handle. The brush is a black synthetic with a large Cholula lid handle stained dark walnut. There is also a magazine of blades.

Box_08_18.JPG Box_08_19.JPG Box_08_20.JPG Box_08_23.JPG

12. hins2jw0

hins2jw0 Well-Known Member

Wow! Incredible as usual Jim... Beautiful work. I wish I had a tenth of your skill. You keep amazing us with your work.

Josh

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

13. Mr Two Bits

Mr Two Bits Well-Known Member

I have been scouring the interwebz looking for a shave brush with a Gabon ebony handle to match my Dovo Astrale SR with only mixed results. Nothing really out there and what I have seen doesn’t grab me... is there a reason this wood (apart from the obvious... it’s expensive as all get-out and hard to find a chunk big enough to work with) this wood isn’t more widely used? I know I sort of answered my own question but there ARE blanks large enough out there... I am a (very) amateur luthier and have a good stash of exotic woods (I have some of the most beautiful quilted and flame maple you’ll ever lay your eyes on!!) including Gabon ebony so I know it’s out there... I also have a billet of curly black walnut that (up to now) I couldn’t find a project that would be worthy of it.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
    Jayaruh likes this.
  14. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    I have gotten some exotic wood from this source. http://www.exoticwoodsusa.com/order_Gabon_ebony.htm
    I have only used Gibon ebony on one occasion. https://jrshaving.blogspot.com/2018/02/jayaruh-262-and-263.html It is very hard, but I had good results. I used it in combination with birdseye maple.
    [​IMG]

Juno, jtspartan, Screwtape and 2 others like this.
  15. Mr Two Bits

Mr Two Bits Well-Known Member

I have a 2x2x6” blank of Gabon ebony arriving in the next week or so... is that something you could work with? I’d love a brush in the exact shape pictured above but entirely in ebony. If so, PM me and let’s talk about making it happen!

Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
    Screwtape and Jayaruh like this.
  16. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Stunning. Magnificent. Outstanding. Amazing. Wonderful. Remarkable. Seriously, I could go on and on. Love that set.

Juno and Screwtape like this.
  17. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

Beautiful job! It would make a great travel set, assuming you weren't flying with only carry-on...

NCoxSTL likes this.
  18. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Mon 19th Nov
    Jayaruh Brush No67 / Maggards Syn. 26mm, has just arrived in the County of Kent. UK.

IMG_0258.jpg

AGHisBBS, Linuxguile and NCoxSTL like this.
  19. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Very nice. I'm sure it will be lathering with a British accent in no time! ;)

Linuxguile and Paul Turner like this.
  20. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

My #59 has done very well with a Boston accent :). (Even though the user of said brush doesn't have the accent needed).

AGHisBBS, brit, Jayaruh and 3 others like this.