How do you do wet shave travel?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Fly2High, Feb 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

I wouldn't call it non-existant. Just very unlikely. Ultimately it is 100% the discretion of a TSA agent. If (s)he says it aint going, then it aint going. Best to leave the Simpson finest at home, and use a cheap synthetic for travel.

2. Deeter

Deeter Well-Known Member

Feather shavette, extra blades
    Synthetic brush
    Small plastic bowl
    Shave cream
    So far no problem when in checked luggage.

Frijolero and mrchick like this.
  3. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

I fly a lot. Overseas too. Never had any issue with checked bags.

mrchick, Frijolero and Enrico like this.
  4. markjnewcomb

markjnewcomb Well-Known Member

Guatemala can be an extremely nice place to visit. I loved the ruins.

I have never been hassled at all no matter where I have gone over shaving gear. Electronics, yes, shaving gear, no.

As long as you aren't carrying a blade on the plane, you will be fine. I throw everything into my check-on. I have done the shipping ahead to the hotel, pre-scouting the area for shaving shops, etc. I finally gave up and now always check it with baggage.

:signs011:

mrchick, Enrico and Frijolero like this.
  5. Frijolero

I never had before this year. Then lightning struck twice coming back from Honduras after the new year. My bag was misrouted to Austin instead of Houston. Then our flight out of Houston was delayed. We had to run to make the connection in Chicago. When we got to Indianapolis, everyone else's bags were still in Chicago.

Nothing was permanently lost, but it took a few days for us to get it all.

Bama Samurai likes this.
  6. Frijolero

I never had before this year. Then lightning struck twice coming back from Honduras after the new year. My bag was misrouted to Austin instead of Houston. Then our flight out of Houston was delayed. We had to run to make the connection in Chicago. When we got to Indianapolis, everyone else's bags were still in Chicago.

Nothing was permanently lost, but it took a few days for us to get it all.

wristwatchb and Bama Samurai like this.
  7. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Cheap RR synthetic brush, easily replaceable razors - Gem Micromatic OC and a RR Teck2. No worries and both are great performers.

8. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Same here. I have traveled extensively for 37 years and haven’t lost a bag ever. I’ve had them come home on the next flight a couple of times, but nothing lost. It’s a risk I’m willing to keep taking.

9. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

In all of my flying at age 44, I've had exactly one bag delayed by six hours. Didn't matter though, I arrived on a 6pm to ATL, United delivered my bag to my hotel, unscathed, at midnight. Pretty excellent track record. IMHO, TSA theft is virtually non-existent, and I bet statistics would bear me out.